Wedding Hire

charlee27

Hello,

I am due to marry early next year and I am wondering if anyone knows a dress shop to HIRE all the gear?? I also want 5 bridesmaid dresses, which seems to be hard to find somewhere that makes and hires them.

All help is much appreciated :)

There are many and I mean many; wedding dress hire shops.; like other businesses they often grouped together.

After being measured on 5 occasions by ladyboys...(yes 5 out of 6 wedding dress shops are run by ladyboys) I decided enough was enough and as usual back to place number 1

Prices vary a great deal. The most expensive ones; the two adjacent to the park have not surprisingly gone out of business.

Ok I ended up at the small shop about 50m from the lights on Sirimangklajarn where it meets Huay Kaew.

The wife had the most stunning traditional Thai dress with all the golden trimmings, bangles, necklaces and I had the traditional white suit with a golden medallion I remember.

We went about 6 week in advance to find something we liked, and we also went twice for trying on; they alter every item and its made to measure; Ladyboys are a dab hand at that also!

Price for the two outfits, one week hire was 3000 bt.

the others I went to see:

1. Canal road; turn left at the Suthep traffic lights and its about 600m on the opposite site of the road. Very nice place, good choice of kit and was our second choice, price similar to above.

2. Turn right at Maya going towards Tesco; u turn at Wat Jed Yod and its on the left. staff too much up their own ,no outfits to look at really only a book of photos and expensive at that. Hiso place; so I obviously looked out of place. The only place not run by ladyboys.

3.Changklan road; go towards the new plaza, on the left just before or after its the biggest dress hire shop in Chiang Mai. they have hundreds all racked out, and they have so many customers; they dont even allow you to try on unless you make a comittment to run with them.personal attention forget it; and so did I after 2 minutes.

4. Over the Nawarat bridge 500m on the left, almost opposite the road that leads to the rimping/dukes on the river. Another posh shop, prices starting at 10k so when our budget was half that; we were shown a dishcloth to try on....that really made me feel special.

Certainly wedding dress shop owners think they are a cut above everyone else. There is no tolerance for cheap ch...people on a budget so if this is you; then my advice is to start trawling the less celubrious places on and off until you find a dress/suit. The smaller shops often have their only 5 outfits out on hire so you have to visit often to catch another style; but often you will be glad you persevered.

post-150623-0-50513400-1431596329_thumb.

post-150623-0-87933000-1431596455_thumb.

We went with the green/gold one it was perfect for the wifes skin tone and eye colour...hahahahahahahahah (I said to her!)