Louis Tavern Airport Accomodations

Does anyone know if the Louis Tavern accommodations are open yet at the new airport? This is a service that we felt has always set Bangkok's airport a step ahead of the US Airports that don't provide this kind of service.

Yes but at four times the price. see web site below

hotel web site

That link points to the Novotel which is outside the airport, but close enough to walk to. The Louis Tavern dayrooms are inside the airport, airside. Two totally different places. With the Louis Tavern dayrooms you don't have to go through immigration, thus saving 500 THB (soon to be 700 THB), plus all the time and hassle of going through immigration twice. I saw that the rates at the new airport will be 1,000 THB for four hours, which is cheaper than they are now at Don Muang (1,400 THB for four hours). Amazing that something would go down in price, so I rather suspect that price, or perhaps it's an introductory price. Don't know what they'll look like. The ones right now at Don Muang are in pretty bad shape, though I guess that's to be expected with them knowing they'll soon be abandoned and thus they likely didn't want to spend any money to maintain them. Despite their condition and price, they are a great convenience for passengers who only have a few hours at the airport and don't want to waste a lot of time finding accomodations outside the airport.

In answer to the OP, I doubt they are open yet, being they service international passengers and the airport isn't open yet to international passengers. I'd expect they'll open up once the airport opens to international passengers. If you want to know for sure, I'd recommend you contact them directly...

http://www.miraclegrandhotel.com/louis.html

[email protected]

Tel: 66 (0) 2551-2191-9, Fax: 66 (0) 2521-3534

One more thing...Currently at Don Muang, the Amari is located similar to what the Novotel is at Suvarnabhumi. The Amari has special rates for stays of only a few hours during the day. I don't remember the rate, but it was under 2000 THB. About the same pricing as the Louis Tavern dayrooms, but the rate was only available during daylight hours, not at night. Don't know if the Novotel has anything like this planned, but worth asking if you're going to only be staying there for a few hours. Sure beats 7000 THB + that they're asking for.