Weather Proof Power Outlets

Litlos

I need to get a couple of weather proof power outlets for single phase, Thai type receptacle. After working in Thailand for 10 years in the oil and gas game I know where to buy the commercial and hazardous area type equipment, but not the domestic. My usual methods of finding things are coming up blank, unless I wish to import from America, looks nice but expensive, plus shipping charge plus import duty probably makes it prohibitive to go this way.

So anyone know of anything available locally? Preferably IP44 or higher rated.

Cheers

Most electrical supply stores in Thailand carry an Italian brand called "bticino" who make them. I have several around the outside of the house. Various switches and plugs (sold separately) can be fitted in the boxes and the covers are flexible so switches can be turned on/off without opening the cover.

post-52310-0-42461200-1431869146_thumb.j

I used to be able to buy bits of the Clipsal brand in my local Home Pro, but a few months ago it disappeared. Looks like some sort of rationalisation. Probably to expensive for local market etc.

Have you seen anything in the last couple of months to suggest it is still available, just not at my local store?

Cheers

Most electrical supply stores in Thailand carry an Italian brand called "bticino" who make them. I have several around the outside of the house. Various switches and plugs (sold separately) can be fitted in the boxes and the covers are flexible so switches can be turned on/off without opening the cover.

Looks like we were both typing at the same time. I know where to buy Btcino so good lead thanks.

Cheers

HomePro - Have them

I have bought a couple from them.

They don't come as a complete unit, you find the waterproof box/cover and then select what. innards you want.

smile.png

Yeap...I have bought a half a dozen of so over recent years....HomePro has them....Global House has them....etc.

The Clipsal name is being phased out and those weatherproof outlets are sold as "Schneider Electric". Schneider electric is the French firm that owns PELCO security, APC UPS products, Square D Load Centers and Circuit Breakers, and other quality brands. A high volume low overhead dealer will sell the Schneider Electric products for less than the list price on the telepart scan of a sales brochure. There are several builders merchants and electric supply shops in Buriram that sell Schneider electric circuit breakers, load centers, sockets and switch sets for less than the Buriram Homepro, Buriram Global House or Buriram Thaiwatsadu.

post-20604-0-54845800-1431884837_thumb.j

Probably to expensive for local market etc.

Hardly expensive - look at the prices in my original post, then take off 20-25% for actual street prices ;)

e.g. a double outlet, earthed power point in the c-concept range costs around 120 Baht including faceplate. A single light switch with face plate is about 40 Baht - you can get cheaper, yes, but not much... It is difficult to get better quality though ;)

Outdoor, weatherproof switch plate covers with a door and rubber seal are widely available, the Panasponic version is expensive at THb 360 each although Global House stocks an equally good copy at only 48 baht each - modular sockets and switches for use therein are extra .

Archived