Bangkok Girl: What really happened to Pla?

sly2kusa

How ironic. I just watched that documentary yesterday.

hahaha Me too!

I knew it was <deleted>. (im glad pla isnt dead though, seemed a nice Girl). mind you, Thailand is full of em.

Yeah, i'm also glad to hear she hasn't died.

Got 38 seconds into the documentary

There is not a single Thai person who thinks that the word farang means stranger nor is it one of the first words that they learn, what type of utter horseshit am I getting into with this documentary?

Edited by bkkgooner
  • Like 1

My wifes contention is they could work if they wanted to , just too lazy , she isnt real keen on the payme salary part either , I remind her when shw wants money for shopping

My girlfriend says the same thing. Thai unemployment rates are under 1%, they could always open a noodle stand, or work in a 7/11, there's one on every street. Familymart if they're not professional enough for 7/11.

In poorer countries like Vietnam there are much fewer prostitutes.

It's something in the 'mai pen rai' attitude and ability to compartmentalize things. Oh I'll just sleep with guy 'a little' then go temple to make merit and it'll all be fine.

That and lazy manipulative parents demanding money flow upwards to 'take care' of them, the more the better no questions asked where it's coming from.

Manipulative parents are the engine room of Thailand's sex industry. They play Confidence Tricks on their daughters that are so cruel...it's all about the shame.

• Like 1

I often run into old "flames" that are now boring old middle-aged housewives. A couple are even married to friends who showed up in Thailand when they were passed their prime. I have no idea if these guys know about their pasts.

What does this even mean? A flame is a legitimate girlfriend from the past. What would be wrong with their "past" unless you were paying them for sex? In which case they shouldn't be called "flames", but prostitutes.

What an incredibly obnoxious post!

Don't know anything about this other than I just watched it....

The narrator had a soft spot for her....Possibly he provided the ending to - 1 protect her from hordes of You Tube people seeking her out - 2 add a dramatic ending to his movie while "exposing" her/their plight....

That one Brit was a real POS....Wouldn't be able to take 30 seconds around him.....

• Like 1

I only watched some of it and the last 12 mins. Couldn't stand Jordans commentary, <deleted>. But what a lovely girl. I'm very happy she is still alive and hopefully doing well. My thanks to the OP and chiang mai for the update.
I will try to watch it all later but Jordan is so clueless and annoying grrrr

Edited by CharlieH
profanity removed

I knew Pla in passing for several years whilst working in Bangkok, during all the time I knew her she was the bar tender and day time manager of a bar on Sukhumvit near Soi 11. I never saw her go with customers but I did witness her skillful rejection of more than a few propositons. Plus, she was always pretty clear about not wanting to work the evening shift, one of the reasons for this was because she looked after her mother at that time. If all of that makes her a bar girl, so be it, I don't think it does. Did she go with men, almost certainly, what female in Thailand isn't looking to improve their lot and get married and be happy. So when she did eventually meet Mr Right I was actually quite pleased for her and I hope she remains happy.[/quote

So you know for certain that she is alive and well and met Mr right??

In my post #27 in this thread I explained that the last time I saw her was near Emporium, in 2004, with her soon to be German husband - I've rethought that date and now suggest it may well have been 2005 or early 2006 although I cannot be precise, I have not heard or seen anything of her since, other than that I er, um "saw" one of her friends/ex-coworkers about one year later and she said that Pla had gone to Germany.

absurd comment. she would look very different from when the film was shot, and the chances of recognizing her in a sea of thai faces is close to zero.

so why the reports of seeing her?

could be personal bs, not wanting to believe she had a rough life screwing expats, not wanting to believe the personal testimony given, some other agenda...

I knew Pla in passing for several years whilst working in Bangkok, during all the time I knew her she was the bar tender and day time manager of a bar on Sukhumvit near Soi 11. I never saw her go with customers but I did witness her skillful rejection of more than a few propositons. Plus, she was always pretty clear about not wanting to work the evening shift, one of the reasons for this was because she looked after her mother at that time. If all of that makes her a bar girl, so be it, I don't think it does. Did she go with men, almost certainly, what female in Thailand isn't looking to improve their lot and get married and be happy. So when she did eventually meet Mr Right I was actually quite pleased for her and I hope she remains happy.[/quote

In my post #27 in this thread I explained that the last time I saw her was near Emporium, in 2004, with her soon to be German husband - I've rethought that date and now suggest it may well have been 2005 or early 2006 although I cannot be precise, I have not heard or seen anything of her since, other than that I er, um "saw" one of her friends/ex-coworkers about one year later and she said that Pla had gone to Germany.

absurd comment. she would look very different from when the film was shot, and the chances of recognizing her in a sea of thai faces is close to zero.

could be personal bs, not wanting to believe she had a rough life screwing expats, not wanting to believe the personal testimony given, some other agenda...

How much can facial characteristics change in a single year, 2005 the year the film was made!

And how many persona's can a single poster have!

• Like 1

I don't understand- the guy says he knew her personally for several years, and then says the last time he saw her was outside the Emporium.

Are you saying you can't recognise people you know when you see them on the street?

• Like 1

Bangkok Girl is an over the top highly distorted and false documentary by some guy who probably flew in to do this

and doesn't know much about Thailand. The fact that he lies about the girl dying

shows how much the entire documentary can be trusted. A serious documentary maker would not lie like that.

I watched it and a huge waste of 45 minutes of my life.

Even if he hadn't lied, it was a complete waste of time.

It should have been renamed "Moronic British bloke living in Thailand demonstrates precisely the type of people Thailand does not want"

The British guy that was featured several times was unbelievable, he claimed that he was 'teaching' in an International School yet I doubt he had even one 'O' level.

Seeing and hearing him made me ashamed to be Western.

• Like 2

I don't understand- the guy says he knew her personally for several years, and then says the last time he saw her was outside the Emporium.

Are you saying you can't recognise people you know when you see them on the street?

I don't fully understand it either and I put down the recent plethora of negative comments (now deleted) to a single poster with an agenda against my postings or more likely against Thai females, either way it's really sad, really! Perhaps the Mods can check some IP addresses on this point?

I never watched the movie in full, I watched the beginning and recognized Pla immediately so my comments are about her and not the movie, I have no opinion on on the latter.

And others have posted they remember her from the same vicinity and period, not for any other reason than they believe she was a really nice person and nice people tend to be remembered.whereas idiots are quickly forgotten. Exactly why trolls and idiots want to run interference on those memories is very odd and troubling given that mental health counseling facilities here in Thailand are not what they are back home, good luck with your future in that context!

• Like 1

I often run into old "flames" that are now boring old middle-aged housewives. A couple are even married to friends who showed up in Thailand when they were passed their prime. I have no idea if these guys know about their pasts.

At some point we all slept with other men's wives. thumbsup.gif

• Like 2

Anytime you mention "Bangkok Girl," sweet memories come by default..giggle.gif .. because most of us had our own "Pla," or "Arun," or..

Before we reluctantly moved on..

It was for the best..wai2.gif ..but it hurt at the time..

'Cause it was the first one..

And we were "hooked" forever..

• Like 1

Anytime you mention "Bangkok Girl," sweet memories come by default..giggle.gif .. because most of us had our own "Pla," or "Arun," or..

Before we reluctantly moved on..

It was for the best..wai2.gif ..but it hurt at the time..

'Cause it was the first one..

And we were "hooked" forever..

and each next one seems to get worse and worse...

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...