Confirmation Of Residence

Kimera

To register a vehicle in my name I need a confirmation of my residence, is this available on Phuket ? I have the house (blue Book) in my partners name of course!

What information do you have and do I need the conformation :o ??

I just went through this in Mae Hong Son... you get confirmation of residence either from the immigration office, but only if you have a 1 year visa, e.g. a thai wife visa. Or from your embassy.

As for proof, yes both embassy and immigration office want it, and it seems like they can make up their own rules as to what constitutes proof.

If your partner owns the house, get them to write you a rental contract. You can get one pre-printed in many places, fill it out and pretend you rent the house from your partner. That should suffice. But do call immigration office/embassy in advance and ask them.

I did this last week at the immigration office in Phuket Town with no problem. Is your partner's name in the tabian baan? If so just take her to the immigration office and she can sign to confirm you live at the same address.

You will need:

Partners ID card + photocopy

Tabian Baan + photocopy of page with wifes name.

Your passport and photocopies of photo page, non immigrant visa page and last entry stamp page.

I did this last week at the immigration office in Phuket Town with no problem. Is your partner's name in the tabian baan? If so just take her to the immigration office and she can sign to confirm you live at the same address.

You will need:

Your passport and photocopies of photo page, non immigrant visa page and last entry stamp page.

You now also appear to need all this to obtain confirmation of your address for a driving licence. But I would add that you also need two passport size photographs.

You will need:

I got mine at Immigration in Phuket Town last week for my driving license renewal.

I only took the Tabien Bahn. Didn't need the missus present, or, photocopies of her ID.

You will need:

I got mine at Immigration in Phuket Town last week for my driving license renewal.

I only took the Tabien Bahn. Didn't need the missus present, or, photocopies of her ID.

This all seems very straight forword, many thanks to all.. :o