motorcycle ride from Chiang Mai to BKK in July.

1st day stay in the national park cabins.. 2 bedrooms villa bungalow for about 1200b per night. 1 bed 800b Get up at dawn to see the sun rise over the low cloud, lovely.

2nd day go through the park and onto the main road at petchabun. Long days but really doable.

post-195835-1432479485634_thumb.jpg

post-195835-14324794999796_thumb.jpg

Edited by casualbiker

I wouldn't feel comfortable going cross country on a bike with only around 23HP, but that's just me. People do it all the time. I know. I used to ride my 250 to Pattaya and back quite often. Never felt confident though knowing I was not really able to get ahead of the pack if things started getting hairy.

Wingnut. The CBR can cruise at 130k + all day long....

You are absolutely correct, it can. And mine gets up there a little bit faster now that I changed the front sprocket from a 14T to a 13T. But it is not the crusing speed that is the concern as much as the ability to accelerate. Also, I have ridden on highways in Thailand and 130k isn's always enough unbfortunately to stay comfortably ahead of the pack when things start getting a bit bunched up and dangerous on the highway with a lot of big lories around. Be careful. In a way you are a bit underpowered with a 250 on the Thai hgihways in my humble opinion.

I have done 1000km trips in Thailand with my 250cc bike several times over the last few years. Never had any trouble. In Thailand, traveling over 130kmh is a bit too dangerous for me, considering how many bikes, dogs, etc... pull out in front of you.