Anyone driven to the Aussie Embassy in BKK from Pattaya?

I need to go up this week to do my marriage stat dec and wondering if it would be too much of a hassle to drive there? I do have GPS in the pickup but still getting to know how it works. The other thing, is there a place to park once you get there and is there a lot of traffic congestion?

Edited by giddyup

It's on South Sathorn. I have never driven there, but have been there often with my Aussie wife. My impression is that parking will be difficult, and you will have to look on one of the side streets.

Maybe a better option would be to drive to a place with ample parking (MEGA Mall in Bang Na?) and take a taxi from there.

Edited by WaywardWind

It's on South Sathorn. I have never driven there, but have been there often with my Aussie wife. My impression is that parking will be difficult, and you will have to look on one of the side streets.

Maybe a better option would be to drive to a place with ample parking (MEGA Mall in Bang Na?) and take a taxi from there.

Thanks, I guess if I have to do that I might as well get the bus from Pattaya.

Take a look at route shown on maps Google to Fortune Town - it is on best route in and subway station just outside and has parking (it a major computer shopping center) then you can take subway to Lumpuni station which is a 3 minute walk to Embassy. You avoid most central city traffic.

See you have changed to bus and agree that is likely your best option unless buying something that needs transport.

Another option, which I have used a few times in the past, is to drive to the airport. Park in the short-term parking then get on the airport link and make the connections to where you want to be. Takes the traffic hassle, whether self drive or taxi, out of the equation.

Another option, which I have used a few times in the past, is to drive to the airport. Park in the short-term parking then get on the airport link and make the connections to where you want to be. Takes the traffic hassle, whether self drive or taxi, out of the equation.

But is that any easier/simpler than just getting the bus from Pattaya to Ekamai and then the BTS to the embassy?

Take a look at route shown on maps Google to Fortune Town - it is on best route in and subway station just outside and has parking (it a major computer shopping center) then you can take subway to Lumpuni station which is a 3 minute walk to Embassy. You avoid most central city traffic.

See you have changed to bus and agree that is likely your best option unless buying something that needs transport.

Apparently you can park in the Shell service station near the embassy, but I'm still thinking that getting a bus from Pattaya may not be the better option over fighting the traffic in BKK. Perhaps someone can convince me otherwise as I still need to test out my GPS.

In that case I would take the Chon Buri expressway and almost a direct line toll road (get off on Rama 4 and turn left at Sathorn) - actually will not tax your GPS much. There are also hotels in the area with 5 star Sukhothai set back from road which you could perhaps eat at if no other parking and easy walk to Embassy.

In that case I would take the Chon Buri expressway and almost a direct line toll road (get off on Rama 4 and turn left at Sathorn) - actually will not tax your GPS much. There are also hotels in the area with 5 star Sukhothai set back from road which you could perhaps eat at if no other parking and easy walk to Embassy.

Don't travel to BKK much, where do I get onto the Chonburi Expressway? Is it from the bridge in the middle of Sukhumvit?

Edited by giddyup

That is your route from Pattaya but have no idea without checking map - that or the motorway are the normal route - the old coast route Sukhumvit Road is seldom used these days. It has been many years since I drove from Pattaya - call up mapsgoogle and let it route you from Pattaya - it likely will show both the motorway and expressway routes and you can zoom in anywhere to see interchange.

That is your route from Pattaya but have no idea without checking map - that or the motorway are the normal route - the old coast route Sukhumvit Road is seldom used these days. It has been many years since I drove from Pattaya - call up mapsgoogle and let it route you from Pattaya - it likely will show both the motorway and expressway routes and you can zoom in anywhere to see interchange.

Cheers.