UK FLR(M) 04/2015

If it has only been introduced less than 2 months ago why has it appeared on the FLR form. The question says "Please provide your Immigration Health Surcharge reference number(IHS)" as nobody applying for an FLR now would have an IHS number would they? The question doesn't say Do you have a number yes or no go to next question if no implying that every applicant should have one.

And presumably if the FLR is rejected there wont be a refund. Is there any lengths the Government wont go to screw a few extra pounds out of the poor public.

I have actually received a demand from the CSA to repay an overpayment of £4642 despite only ever receiving £188 in CSA payments. Work that one out if you can.

The CSA refuse to discuss the "alleged" overpayments by the way.

I dread to think what the next five years will bring for those of us with non EU spouses.

Whilst not one to stick up for the elected government, they have stated that if a visa isn't granted the surcharge will be refunded, I assume that the same would apply in the case of an unsuccessful FLR application.

I think you have to pay the Health Surcharge and receive the number before you apply for FLR.

Yes, that is correct. It is also correct that the FLR(M) form has been updated to show the process of paying for the IHS (Immigration Health Surcharge), get the IHS number and proceed with the FLR application. Cost is £500 for a 2 1/2 year extension.

If FLR is rejected then I think OG is right that a refund would be payable - presumably after the applicant left the country. The fee for FLR c.£600 would not be repayable in the event of a failed application.

Aha, thanks for this. I'm just starting an online application for my future wife, to be submitted after marriage and name change. I'd assumed the NHS charge was going to be paid as part of that, but now I see, if understood correctly, that affected applicants all need to sign up for this separate website.

Any idea how long the IHS reference number is valid for?

Will it still be valid after she changes her name? Or better to wait? (It's not like I'm desperate to give the money in advance!)

Edited by fbf