How do I renew Non Immigrant O - M Visa in Brisbane?

With the Thai Consul in Brisbane now closed and no indication when it will re-open, what is the process to get a new Non Immigrant O - M twelve month Visa? I have obtained Visa's from Brisbane for over six years.

Can I get the same twelve month Visa from another neighboring Country rather than having to visit Australia? Many thanks for any responses.

Suspect you will experience difficulty in securing a multi- entry "O" visa for the purpose of retirement.

An O/A visa could be obtained from the Thai embassy which would provide a one year stay (2 years if used to best effect)

Edited by nzexpat

You might be able to get one in Penang if you can prove 800k baht in the bank or 65k baht income. But of course with the same financial proof you could apply for a one year extension of stay at an immigration office.

You could check with the other honorary consulates in Hobart, Perth, Adelaide or Melbourne.

Thanks for replies so far.

Response to the question from the Thai Embassy in Canberra:

'Royal Thai Embassy Canberra issues Non-immigration O visa only for single entry.'
I do not want a 'retirement' Visa and associated financial issues.
Puzzles me that there must be hundreds of foreigners like me, that used the Consulate in Brisbane, yet no noise!
Regards

Perhaps you (and others) were "lucky" in having a "friendly" Hon.Consulate for so long !smile.png

It is going to be difficult identify another such "friendly" source of "Non Immigrant O - M" Visas

If you do not wish to bother with "financial" issues the options are are limited to tourist visas or single entry "NON O" visas.

You should however, as ubonjoe suggested, first check with the remaining Thai honorary consulates in Australia.

Edited by nzexpat