Thai woman faces legal charges for telling lie on Facebook

Thaivisa News

I don't use Facebook (I have a real life...).

So what on earth is this 'Rao Rak Dan Tamruaj or We Love Police Checkpoints' FB page?

Perhaps a FB user who has some spare time between taking selfies could visit that page and report back as to what on earth the page content is.

I don't use FB either, but this gives you and idea what it's all about, along with a link to the actual FB page at the bottom:

http://bangkok.coconuts.co/2013/11/08/motorists-turn-web-monitor-every-move-bangkoks-finest

With regard to this woman's actions - if what she claims is correct then it appears she got stopped for drink driving, was found to be well over the limit so made a call to her "connections" and the charge was then reduced to driving without a license... Seems to me she had a right result, and her way of saying thank you is to go around bragging about it on FB??? No wonder the cops were not impressed. She's clearly not the sharpest knife in the drawer this one...

I am confused - she was stopped for driving without a licence and is claiming to have been pissed at the time but police are saying she wasn't???

yeah dont really understand and what doas ' backing' mean?

A tremor shakes across Thailand, as the endless Thai girls posting on Facebook

realize they can go to jail if they tell a lie there.....

About time that TVF changes it policy to use real names on here instead of profilenames.

A many would be in similar trouble as the woman.

What is the actual offence anyway, posting crap on facebook? So someone says they got let off fro drink driving on facebook. Isnt there more pressing crimes for the police to worry about?

I am guessing that the actual offence is making public accusations of corruption within the Thai police force, and the fact it was done on FB via computer means it falls under the Computer Crimes Act.

You can't make this sort of absurdity up.

What is 90% milligram of blood alcohol? I have never heard of that sort of measurement. Like saying I have one kilometer of beer in fridge.

How about going after 90% of Thai women that post on Thai dating sites? "I no have boyfriend", "I have no children", "I have good office job" etc etc

You are correct, what she has stated has no meaning.

You can have X mg per a specific volume etc, ie mg/lt.

If you have 1km of beer in the fridge, you will have many friends and a very large fridge and 90% will be still pissed the next morning.

her only mistake was not realising that when she posts something on savefacebook, that what she posts (can) remain visible indefinitly if it gets 'shared', irregardless if her subsequently deleting it from her own timeline

maybe she was on drugs too, and it dulled her senses?

The only other outcome to watch for: is to count the number of other people being arrested, for 'Liking' what she Posted...

I am assuming its a spelling mistake..... irregardless. Wha I'm not sure that is a word......???

A.

She needs to choose her FB friends better. Having 2000 FB friends means you have 2000 strangers who can jam you up.

B.

Thailand needs to learn that FB is not the real world. A FB post can not only cost you your job and friend, but your freedom as well.

Good point, but how do you explain that to those young 20 and 30 something females who take selfies of themselves all day and post them on facebook, sometimes with a ridiculous and completely irrelevant ramble who post these pics to try and get likes from all their "friends" in order to feel better about themselves and their empty lives?