Google street view hits our village.

kevc

We live 10 k outside of Nang Rong at the end of a dirt track road and just noticed today we're on street view. Thought maybe a lot of you are away from home a lot or just visit every year with the wife so maybe she'd like to take a virtual walk around home. Not sure how far they've got yet though.

Past 6 months they have really added a lot of really rural Thailand. I was amazed when I saw my house appear, along with me the wife and a workman prancing around the front yard.

It's a interesting algorithm they must have to automatically pixelate faces and car license plates....either that or they have hoards of Chinese 'elves' scouring every picture, frame by frame LOL

Ours too. I noticed some time ago.

Our neighbour just cutting gras (face pixelated) smile.png

The coverage all over Thailand has dramatically improved.

In this scale it looks like completely covered except for the deep south and eastern Isan.

Cambodia with some routes, Malaysian peninsula is covered.

Myanmar, Vietnam and Laos are not covered (yet?).

post-99794-0-96525600-1433133231_thumb.j

They used to only do paved road and stop where it changes to dirt track... must have run out of places to go then....

At least for eastern Isan (basically the whole area along the Mekong) there is still much to "view".

See my picture above and comment from @ubonjoe.

Maybe they catch up later.

Our house in Phuket has been on street view for well over 2 years now. I was really surprised to see it (while living in the US), as the house is located in an area that's a bit of a challenge to navigate.

For us, there's both an upside and downside to being included in street view. The upside was that the image showed that the house was in dire need of pressure washing and painting, so we contacted our property manager to arrange this. The downside is that the old image is still on google, and probably won't be updated for a long time.

I may be on street view shortly. Was standing in front of the house when the street view car came rolling up the street earlier today.

So it seems they are now working on getting Ubon finished.

When I was checking 217 for the new immigration office street view was not offered.

I may be on street view shortly. Was standing in front of the house when the street view car came rolling up the street earlier today.

So it seems they are now working on getting Ubon finished.

Work permits must have arrived ;)

Friend lives in the sticks somewhere between Loei and Piloke. Went fishing at a

Pond in the countryside and bumped into the Google car.

But our muban didn't let them in. I like that

Great when the emergency services start to use it for directions.

Archived