Who Will Leave

Are the Visa Changes serious enough for you to consider leaving thailand?  

29 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Very emotive discussions about the recently proposed changes to the visa rules.

This poll is intended to find out how serious (if at all) people think they are in respect to their circumstance.

My first poll, so hope I've set it up right.

There is already a poll for where people will go, but lets see how many of us are actually thinking of leaving if the current climate for changes continues.

This poll is intended to find out how serious (if at all) people think they are in respect to their circumstance.

There is already a poll for where people will go, but lets see how many of us are actually thinking of leaving if the current climate for changes continues.

without a full statement of all the new requirements for every type of visa, it's not possible to vote, yet. However, the short notice for the changes has left many of my farang friends feeling somewhat alienated and fearful about further changes. There is also fear surrounding investment in Thailand given the current politically unstable situation and talk of a coup in the air. Some of my friends have already decided the place is no longer LOS and are checking out other SEA options. Others are happy to pay up and continue to live the good life we have here. We will make our decision after Oct 1 and after the election.

without a full statement of all the new requirements for every type of visa, it's not possible to vote, yet. However, the short notice for the changes has left many of my farang friends feeling somewhat alienated and fearful about further changes. There is also fear surrounding investment in Thailand given the current politically unstable situation and talk of a coup in the air. Some of my friends have already decided the place is no longer LOS and are checking out other SEA options. Others are happy to pay up and continue to live the good life we have here. We will make our decision after Oct 1 and after the election.

Then the vote should be undecided.