Retirement Visa question

Hiya All

I plan to be returning to uk around November 1st for about 4 weeks returning Thailand early December.

I have a retirement visa which expires 19th November. ( so expires whilst I am in UK )

What are my options?

Do I just need to apply for a new retirement visa before I leave Thailand in late October and get a single multi entry at the same time?

Regards

You have an extension of stay based on retirement OK!!! You can extend your extension 30 days ahead,,,, so just go before you leave,,, and extend,,, and buy yourself an RE ENTRY PERMIT.. And you should be good with that!!

Glegolo

• Like 1

I understand I have an extension of stay ( every 90 days ) until November 19th when I need to renew my retirement visa and pay the THB 1,900 fee.

Are you suggesting I make a new retirement visa in late october as I am thinking I will need to do and purchase a re-entry at the same time?

Regards

Yes, you can apply to renew your Retirement visa up to 30 days before it expires. Purchase a Re-Entry permit, either single or multiple, depending on if you plan further stays out of Thailand in the coming year, and you should have no problems.

• Like 1

I understand I have an extension of stay ( every 90 days ) until November 19th when I need to renew my retirement visa and pay the THB 1,900 fee.

Are you suggesting I make a new retirement visa in late october as I am thinking I will need to do and purchase a re-entry at the same time?

Regards

YES I am suggesting that... You will be just fine with that!!

But just to be clear with the other stuff you write. You are in fact confirming your address every 90 days nothing else... And you are extending your extension every year... and you have an extension of stay based on retirement. NOT A RETIREMENT VISA....

Good luck....

Glegolo

• Like 1

Obtaining a non imm o-a visa while back in your country could be a reasonable option. If used correctly it would give you almost two years before you need to deal with local immigration. And while some find it difficult and complex, I have not had the same experience.

But as always, this is merely another option and your mileage may vary.

Each time someone asks for advice and opinions and uses visas in place of extensions of stays assumptions are made and discussions ensue until everyone is finally on the same page.

And many are offended to be corrected when they label their extensions of stay as retirement visas, but it is kind of big deal and can lead to wrong information being imparted.

I am one who believes that precision, especially when asking for advice, is the key to precise plans of attack and recommendations no matter what terms your local immigration, English is my second language, office uses.

Edited by SpokaneAl
  • Like 2

Thank you all for the replys folks

I will apply for a new retirement visa/extension of stay ( based on retirement ) smile.png call it what you will but I think we all know what we are talking about here in late October with a multi entry at the same time.

Thanks

Thank you all for the replys folks

I will apply for a new retirement visa/extension of stay ( based on retirement ) smile.png call it what you will but I think we all know what we are talking about here in late October with a multi entry at the same time.

Thanks

Yes with a multi re-entry permit purchase, hahahaha

Good luck...

Glegolo