BKK Airport Apologizes for Searching Muslim Cleric's Turban

Lite Beer

And who do you imagine I am propagandizing for?

More like what, just a wild guess here- ISLAM?

Yes, not who in this case, but what and how. In this case simply in support of a point of view. Propaganda is a technique, which connotes deception or distortion.

"You used a cheap trick trying to suggest I have said this was about ALL Muslim people."

Edited by xray

• Replies 244
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

And who do you imagine I am propagandizing for?

More like what, just a wild guess here- ISLAM?

Yes, not who in this case, but what and how. In this case simply in support of a point of view. Propaganda is a technique, which connotes deception or distortion.

So I'm not doing that then.

Every philosophy, faith and political position has bigots and the intolerant.

It is irrational to claim all who follow them think the same way.

never made that claim... but do claim that 90% of the world troubles are using Islam as the basis for it and I balanced that by recognizing Christianity has done the same in the past (more than now). We 'are where we are' these days the vast majority of terrorism is based on the teachings of Islam - it's a modern day Crusade let's be honest

I dispute that 90% especially taking into account Mexico, Georgia, the Ukraine, Burma, Uganda and other parts of the world where there is equally terrible violence going on as well as areas of the middle east and Muslim areas across the world. There is violence including groups who claim they represent Islam, but the fact is they don't, only their intorlerant version of the world. They are not the majority is all I am saying.

Well let's separate the two things? there is terrorism BY people who may, or may not, profess some or other religion (and therefore those acts cannot be termed 'religious'). There are other acts of terrorism that are enacted, they claim, because they are defending their faith.

Two completely different things. Ukraine etc. are not perpetuated on behalf of a religion but for political reasons (although they may claim to be 'Christians' this is irrelevant).

The terrorists don't 'happen' to be Muslim they do it on behalf of Islam however sick and twisted that may be.

Terror is terror no matter what the alleged reasoning behind it.

Correct,and most of it in the world is commited by followers of Islam

Every philosophy, faith and political position has bigots and the intolerant.

It is irrational to claim all who follow them think the same way.

never made that claim... but do claim that 90% of the world troubles are using Islam as the basis for it and I balanced that by recognizing Christianity has done the same in the past (more than now). We 'are where we are' these days the vast majority of terrorism is based on the teachings of Islam - it's a modern day Crusade let's be honest

I dispute that 90% especially taking into account Mexico, Georgia, the Ukraine, Burma, Uganda and other parts of the world where there is equally terrible violence going on as well as areas of the middle east and Muslim areas across the world. There is violence including groups who claim they represent Islam, but the fact is they don't, only their intorlerant version of the world. They are not the majority is all I am saying.

Well let's separate the two things? there is terrorism BY people who may, or may not, profess some or other religion (and therefore those acts cannot be termed 'religious'). There are other acts of terrorism that are enacted, they claim, because they are defending their faith.

Two completely different things. Ukraine etc. are not perpetuated on behalf of a religion but for political reasons (although they may claim to be 'Christians' this is irrelevant).

The terrorists don't 'happen' to be Muslim they do it on behalf of Islam however sick and twisted that may be.

Terror is terror no matter what the alleged reasoning behind it.

Correct,and most of it in the world is commited by followers of Islam

If true still no reason to judge all on the actions of a few.