Bank Transfers Via New York Bangkok Bank

thaisabai

I know this has been discussed before. where can I find a step by step guide of how to transfer funds from a US bank account to my Pattaya Bangkok bank account via New York (saving high international fees)

thank you

thaisabai

Edited by metisdead
Please do not post using all CAPS, this includes topic titles.

I have transferred money via Bangkok Bank in NYC several times. Domestic fees are charged and the service is efficient.

Make sure that the name on the transfer is exactly the same as the Bangkok Bank account or Bangkok Bank will send the money back. I had that happen one time.

Transfer time is much quicker than an International transfer. Sometimes I have gotten it the next day.

You might need to go to your bank in the US and set up a repetitive wire transfer account. I did this about 4 years ago with Wells Fargo. I call Wells Fargo at night here in Thailand and transfer money to my Bangkok Bank savings account and on a weekday, the money is in my account here the next morning when the banks open. $40 wire transfer fee.

As described in the Web link, these are ACH transfers from your home bank to the BB NYC branch. It is simple to do. My bank uses the Moneylink system and ACH transfers are free but many of the the big US banks are now charging a fee for ACH transfers. If they do I would change banks. We are not talking about wire transfers. The process is relatively painless, the biggest challenge was getting the trial deposit amounts from BB which were in THB in USD some the confirmation amounts could be entered in my US bank website.

Edited by ThaiBob

As described in the Web link, these are ACH transfers from your home bank to the BB NYC branch. It is simple to do. My bank uses the Moneylink system and ACH transfers are free but many of the the big US banks are now charging a fee for ACH transfers. If they do I would change banks. We are not talking about wire transfers. The process is relatively painless, the biggest challenge was getting the trial deposit amounts from BB which were in THB in USD some the confirmation amounts could be entered in my US bank website.

My credit union in the US has the same process and transfers are free. The customer service (1333) people at BB were very helpful and gave me the THB transfer in USD.

My credit union in the US has the same process and transfers are free. The customer service (1333) people at BB were very helpful and gave me the THB transfer in USD.

Same same for my bank but wells Fargo and BofA could charge $10(ouch!). If you are in America at the time, then that requires international phone call and the time zone differences.