Angels Bar, top of Khao Noi - ominous

WitawatWatawit

Bit of trouble there last night, with a foreigner bikie gang party going on in the bar and locals throwing empty beer bottles in anger. This bar recently changed hands and is now called the Angels Bar, which it seems is aimed at Hell's Angels types. Roughly 9-ish on Saturday night, the place looked like a scene from Beirut. Some vehicle (I didn't see it) was burning rubber and setting up a huge smoke screen that swept across the bar, over the road into that new apartment block and into nearby houses. A pickup was in the middle of the road revving its engine, and half-dressed locals threw a few empty beer bottles at it, before it (probably wisely) took off down the road. Some locals were screaming obscenities at the bikies inside the beer bar and challenging them to fight, while the bikie types seemed to be bemused by it all and carried on listening to their live head-banging band. Eventually a few coppers arrived and things quietened down, but the locals were clearly still agitated and yelling abuse at the foreigners.

I hope this is not a sign of things to come because that was not a pleasant sight at all. The last thing we need as residents of this otherwise quiet area is confrontations between rough-neck bikie types and locals who take exception to them.

Farang bikie gang like so many here think the whole country is a wild drinking and every girl is a bar girl mentalityplayground. No respect. I hope the police sort them out. I feel sorry for the local people. They need to realise the whole country is not a pattaya / phuket / nana / soi cowboy playground. Bunch of losers.

Farang bikie gang like so many here think the whole country is a wild drinking and every girl is a bar girl mentalityplayground. No respect. I hope the police sort them out. I feel sorry for the local people. They need to realise the whole country is not a pattaya / phuket / nana / soi cowboy playground. Bunch of losers.

The girls I know say "big and loud motorcycle mean they have little talliwacker" I guess my friends would know.

The girls I know say "big and loud motorcycle mean they have little talliwacker" I guess my friends would know.

That are probably the same girls that say, oh Gary you so big. biggrin.png

Did this used to be Bamboo Bar, run by a German guy?

Around the corner past the entrance to the Wat at the top of Khao Noi?

Just past the entrance to the wat. That says it all. Idiots with no idea who then wonder why the locals get angry as they try and to drunkenly dry hump every woman in range.

Did this used to be Bamboo Bar, run by a German guy?

Around the corner past the entrance to the Wat at the top of Khao Noi?

Just past the entrance to the wat. That says it all. Idiots with no idea who then wonder why the locals get angry as they try and to drunkenly dry hump every woman in range.

Not sure it says anything - the dodgy karaoke bar is closer to the Wat entrance for the locals.

Who owns the new apartment block opposite Angels - i would guess someone with a fair bit of money who won't be too please having a biker bar set up over the road while he is trying to sell them.......