Thai Visa Golf Day

ThaiPauly

At the Gymkhanna Club, Chiang Mai.

So far committed are myself, Jockstar and hopefully Diablo Bob.

Gymkhanna is a very good course for those who are lacking in ability (like me) ,it's only 9 holes up 2 you if you want to play round once or twice. Good golfers will find it quite an easy course, but even if you have never picked up a golf club in your life, you can still enjoy yourself, the caddies assist in choosing your clubs all you have to do is try and hit the ball in the direction of the hole :o

Caddies are mandatory, Golf Clubs can be hired, I reckon you would struggle to spend more than 1000 Baht, so a cheap day out.

The day could well progress to a night on the town if anybody is interested

I will post directions for those that don't know it if requested.

So all those up for it..just add your name below :D

Regards

TP

TP

When is the date? Provided it's not tomorrow (or rather today, the 15.) - I seriously consider showing up ... On one condition, though - the first time i see the slightest notion of the beginning of a grin due to my awkward attemts trying to hit the ball, I'm free to go home without being stamped as impolite.

When is the date? Provided it's not tomorrow (or rather today, the 15.) - I seriously consider showing up ... On one condition, though - the first time i see the slightest notion of the beginning of a grin due to my awkward attemts trying to hit the ball, I'm free to go home without being stamped as impolite.

3rd October. And to answer another question the total cost I don't believe will exceed a thousand baht.

From my past eperiences there I think that its 300 Baht for 9 holes (probably all we will need)

200 for a caddie and 300 to hire clubs, and 100 baht tip for caddy. They have a restaurant, serve good coffeee and you can buy extra balls and cold drinks to help you on your way.

Prices may have gone up a bit since I last played 2 years ago, but I would not have thought by much.

Maybee someone who has been more recently can confirm these figures.

Oh and Rishi, all the gawaffs and grins will be aimed in MY direction ...not yours so don't worry about it :o

Tee time can be anytime we like, but really the earlier the better due to the heat :D

3rd October. And to answer another question the total cost I don't believe will exceed a thousand baht.

From my past eperiences there I think that its 300 Baht for 9 holes (probably all we will need)

200 for a caddie and 300 to hire clubs, and 100 baht tip for caddy. They have a restaurant, serve good coffeee and you can buy extra balls and cold drinks to help you on your way.

Prices may have gone up a bit since I last played 2 years ago, but I would not have thought by much.

Maybee someone who has been more recently can confirm these figures.

Oh and Rishi, all the gawaffs and grins will be aimed in MY direction ...not yours so don't worry about it :o

Tee time can be anytime we like, but really the earlier the better due to the heat :D

Just came home from a round at Gymkhana.

The greenfee is 300 B for 18 holes, caddyfee 200 B, with 100 tip the caddy will not be very happy.

The course is in reasonable condition, in comparison with other more modern courses still very much prone to casual water and mud, but the cosy 19th hole makes up for it.

Greens very soft and a few in bad condition.

Still a good choice for a beginner's round, Joop

I hope you all have fun playing at Gymkhana. I have been an 'occasional' visitor to the course for many years, and always have a good time there. The course is not difficult, but can be challenging for a new player. The greens are very slow, so don't hold back. Give it a firm tap..! The club has been in financial difficulties, and is trying to encourage more people to play there. The whole course was flooded, several times, earlier in the year, and lost much-needed revenue, while it was closed. Sadly, I will be away, and not able to join you. But I look forward to hearing about your day! PB.

What about jackr? I'm sure he will be keen.

Thought I was ok for it, but not 100% sure I'll be in CM ole mate. Going down south next weekend and it may last for a while. I shall keep you posted. :o

Ok. No worries. See what you can do. If you are in Bangers then give me a shout!

Wish I could join you but sadly cannot. Thought you might like too use a few of the following during the game........

An Adolf - taking two shots in a bunker

An Arthur Scargill - great strike but a poor result

A Rodney King - over-clubbed

An O.J. Simpson - shouldn't have, but got away with it

A Condom - safe but didn't feel right

An elephant's ###### - it's high; and it stinks

A sister-in-law - I'm up there, but I know that I shouldn't be

A Sally Gunnell - ugly but a good runner

An IRA shot - a provisional

A Diego Maradonna / Dennis Wise - nasty five footer

A Salman Rushdie - an impossible read

A Rock Hudson - thought it was straight, but it wasn't

A lady boy - Looks like an easy hole but all may not be what it seems

A gynaecologist's assistant - just shaves the hole

Does your husband play? - for when a man hits a short tee shot

A Cuban - needs one more revolution

An Elton John - a big bender that lips the rim

A Glen Miller - kept low and didn't make it over the water

A Marilyn Monroe - a fair crack up the middle (aka "A Blondie")

A Princess Grace - should have taken a driver

A Princess Di - shouldn't have taken a driver

A Michael Jackson - fading away

An Anna Kournikova - looks great, but unlikely to get a result

A Vinnie Jones - nasty kick when you're not expecting it

A Tony Blair - too much spin

A Bin Laden - driven out and never to be found again

A Jamie Oliver - you really want to smack it but you can't

6 would be pretty good, maybee playing in threesomes :D I think more than 6 is unrealistic at this stage, we are still awaiting confirmation on the wherabouts of JackR and Chuchock on this day, would be great if they can join in

I am hoping that my back problems clear up by Tuesday week, but I will still come and give moral support if they dont :o

Anyone else :D ?

Bump....whoops :D

Numbers are so so low that this might not come off.......please if you are up for it please add your name

Cheers

TP

Not looking good TP. Come on you ######ers, get your shit together and come out for a round , a laugh and many beers. Heaps of people in CM on this forum , but not very social? :o

Maybe the other halves wont let them out? :D:D:D

Numbers are so so low that this might not come off.......please if you are up for it please add your name

Cheers

TP

Not looking good TP. Come on you ######ers, get your shit together and come out for a round , a laugh and many beers. Heaps of people in CM on this forum , but not very social? :o

Not looking good at all JS... how long you in CM for mate?

Cheers

TP

Not looking good at all JS... how long you in CM for mate?

From the 2nd to the 6th mate.