Pattaya Floating Market wins Best Tourists Attraction

Lite Beer

Pattaya Floating Market wins Best Tourists Attraction

CHONBURI, 7 June 2015 (NNT) – Pattaya Floating Market has won the 2015 Best Tourists Attraction award in The Best of Thailand Rewards Voted by Chinese Tourists campaign, said the market’s manager in a press conference.

The manager of Pattaya Floating Market, Manus Meepong, has revealed that the market has won the Best of Thailand Rewards Voted by Chinese Tourists via an online vote.

He has said that the market’s recognition of the importance of Thai traditional arts and cultures, together with its variety of shopping centers, correlates with the Creative Tourist campaign. This aspect has also contributed to the attraction of many foreign tourists to the area.

The votes were cast by Chinese tourists on the Chinese social media website weibo.com during 8-29 May 2015. The campaign was run by the Tourism Authority of Thailand, King Power International Co., Ltd., and Sina Corporation.

Pattaya Floating Market’s manager said that this campaign has raised awareness of the market among Chinese tourists as the article on the website's attraction page has received 35.73 million views as of 1 June 2015.

The voting campaign has also been held for 17 other countries worldwide that are popular tourism destinations for Chinese tourists.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-06-07 footer_n.gif

Seeing as there is only Chinese tourists there, they get the gong, mimosa a few k,s down the road is a ghost town, as is the ambassador hotel opposite, usually full of Russians.

the Russians are broke, the Chinese spend even less than the russkies used to, the Thai GDP from tourism is going to dip big time. But of course TAT will not admit that.

Could it be that Chinese tourist groups have seen very little else?

I would have thought Nong Nooch would have been voted higher, if they had been to see it..........

I think someone is trying to boost business.

Seeing as there is only Chinese tourists there, they get the gong, mimosa a few k,s down the road is a ghost town, as is the ambassador hotel opposite, usually full of Russians.

the Russians are broke, the Chinese spend even less than the russkies used to, the Thai GDP from tourism is going to dip big time. But of course TAT will not admit that.

Of course they wont admit it---That's because they do not have access to the secret inside information that you have direct from your bar trigpoint............coffee1.gif

28 years coming to Thailand---16 living here.....been hearing this story from some embittered bar fly for so long now--

...............yes Thailand's going under.........any day now..........just wait & see..........

Edited by sanuk711

Of course they wont admit it---That's because they do not have access to the secret inside information that you have direct from your bar trigpoint............coffee1.gif

28 years coming to Thailand---16 living here.....been hearing this story from some embittered bar fly for so long now--

...............yes Thailand's going under.........any day now..........just wait & see..........

don't drink, don't go to bars 711, been here similar time as you, I would,nt give much credit or belief from any government department.

I once visited this market with some of my wife's Thai family. The Thais all went in for free but when it came to my turn they wanted 100baht entry fee. For the privilege of entering a market to buy something???? I refused to pay and walked out, whereupon all the Thais in my party walked out also, explaining to the fee collector that I was the only one with money to spend in the market. He rushed after me and pressed a complimentary entry pass into my hand. We then entered the market but I refused to spend a single satang in there. The market, anyway, has nothing that other free markets don't have cheaper.

Are you sure about that Mike because they told me the same thing?

There can't be more than one most handsome man on soi 6, can there?

In an on-line poll of Soi 6 girls, I was voted 'Mr Most Handsome Man Over 70'.

Wrong, they see plenty of attractions in Pattaya and surroundings.

7/11, Tesco. FlyNow outlet mall, Latex factory just to name the majority of them.

Are you sure about that Mike because they told me the same thing?

There can't be more than one most handsome man on soi 6, can there?

In an on-line poll of Soi 6 girls, I was voted 'Mr Most Handsome Man Over 70'.

Here in Mae Sai i am the only< 70yr old farang in the village > which makes me the most handsome one. Ok Come here I challenge you

Wrong, they see plenty of attractions in Pattaya and surroundings.

7/11, Tesco. FlyNow outlet mall, Latex factory just to name the majority of them.

Holy shot, don't forget the Hilton mid buffet....they swarm the place and make it a job just to get some grub....??

Smoke and mirrors......

We all know that TAT hardly knows up or down of a boat....

Personal opinion is that this market have 0% resemblance with the real Thailand. beside actually getting ripped off even before getting inside.....

wai2.gif

I would have thought Nong Nooch would have been voted higher, if they had been to see it..........

Voting is easy to manipulate... Just ask Sepp & Thaksin

Voting is easy to manipulate... Just ask Sepp & Thaksin

How in God's name did Thaksin get the blame for floating market getting an award? I suppose he gets the blame for everything else so why not this.

Move away from the bar, I suggest a trip to the very popular Pattaya Floating market.

I have been to the floating market a few times (never been asked to pay) and over the last 23 years most all other attractiones here in Pattaya and i must admit that this is not the best advert for Pattaya ,especially as it is now inundated with hordes of Chinese tourists , but hey who knows how crap it is where they come from?