PM Prayut to tackle street racing by 'Dek Van' seriously

webfact

What is not broken in this country ?

Auto production, a world leader. Hard drive production, a world leader. Durian production, best in the world. In comparison with the West the women are so far from broken it will take centuries for the West to catch up. Uniforms, awesome Western universities should hang their heads in shame. Soi dogs not broken they are everywhere. Women's volleyball team. I could go on but I don't want to get folks in the West any more agitated than you already are.
hahaha .... Yes I agree, soi dogs are everywhere

• Replies 107
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

How about a surprise of throwing some road spikes over the road? That would slow them down. Should have a salutary effect also. coffee1.gif

Yeah , yeah I know - draconian and dangerous but will these street racers ever learn? Nah! They don't give a toss about authority. They need to be hit between the eyes before they understand. And the PM should not be afraid to "hit" them.

The prime minister said he has ordered the Minister of Justice to look into laws to tackle the issue seriously.

He said he has advised that whether their riding licences could be seized or revoked for six months or more.

I think most of them do not even have a license !

Impounding the bike for 6 months would help .

Only able to put it back on the road if the bike returned to original specs. No modification allowed....

Street racers can only race if they have a vehicle to do so in.

Most will have no license no helmet and no insurance. So instead of taking a 200 baht fine and letting them do the same thing the following day crush the bikes and the problem will go away.

One more vote for crush the bikes. After crushing, drop in ocean to form artificial reefs. Then put the kids on fishing boats for 6 months hard labor. Giving bikes to poor rural kids would have net effect of putting rural bike sellers out of business.

What a mob of a#seholes there is posting in TV, would you all be happy if Prayut did SFA -or would a few rice schemes or drug dealer eliminations make you a lot happier. How about getting off your bar stools and actually have a look at what us going on around you.

SFA....Segmented Flow Analysis? Sodium fluroracetate? Somali Film Agency?

Good job on the name-calling. That always supports an argument well, lol.

Google is your friend.

SFA means "Sweet F*** All"

What a mob of a#seholes there is posting in TV, would you all be happy if Prayut did SFA -or would a few rice schemes or drug dealer eliminations make you a lot happier. How about getting off your bar stools and actually have a look at what us going on around you.

1. I don't drink.

2. Your writing is shocking.

3. These complaints are legitimate as he is an idiot.

4. Solving this problem is easy as many have already said, crush the bikes, end of story.

1. I don't drink.

2. Your writing is shocking.

3. These complaints are legitimate as he is an idiot.

4. Solving this problem is easy as many have already said, crush the bikes, end of story.

Edit. I was too negative. I hope someone solves the problem.

Edited by lostoday

This should not be that hard to resolve. Confiscate any motorcycle involved then require the kid and his parents to show up at a field where heavy road construction equipment is driven over all the offenders bikes. Once finished, tell the parent/kids to take the mess away or fine them for littering.

No bike- no street racing. If the parent want to fork over more money for another bike and the kid behaves the same way then repeat the exercise until such time that either he or his parents get with the program.

" ............until such time that either he or his parents get with the program" Start fining the parents, based on income as is being done in Finland (apparently some massive fines are levied) for traffic offences - soon sort out the problem.

Edited to add link: http://www.ncpa.org/sub/dpd/index.php?Article_ID=9031

Edited by Artisi

Lets hope they stick to the Dek Van road map he has set out.... So many important issues being tackled good job.

Forget reason there was coup.... Was it for the dek van boys?

Sent from my c64

He said he has advised that whether their riding licences could be seized or revoked for six months or more.

Well what you don't have, can't be seized or revoked. 90% don't even have a driving license. I know a 60 year old guy that rides his bike daily and still doesn't have a license. My exgirlfriend is already driving her car for 15 years without a license. Who cares ??? When the police pulls you over, they only want tea money (200 THB). They don't care, they don't sell safety...

Is the 'retired' general wearing his uniform, because he did not realize he made himself PM?

He is the only 'statesman' tackling burning issues like street racing. I would not be surprised if the next task would involve unpaid parking tickets.

in all fairness it just goes to prove the 1 thing we all know ... and that its that thailand is in melt down mode .....thailand has 2 types of hope ... bob hope ...and no <deleted> hope .....and things here will never get any better ..... and the simple answer is ... because they just dont give a dead dog's arse and things .....may be there was a time 60 years ago that it should have changed .....but thats just the past ....

as the saying goes .... will the last one to leave please turn out the lights ......thumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gifthumbsup.gif

They still ride because they are Thailands finest for the future, they don't give a shit about the army anymore, and why would they want you to train them, they are already racing down the streets what difference will that make,

Man, this guy "tackles" everything. Too bad he doesn't "accomplish" anything.

Actually in the short time he's been at the helm after the last fiasco left the country in a mess I think he's accomplished a great deal !!

But that is IMHO

Absolutely clueless. It continues because there are no consequences for those caught other than a slap on the wrist.

Large fine, jail time for repeat offenders and crush the bikes of those caught..........solved.

Totally agree, take away their motorcycles & crush them if convicted of street racing... eventually when they don't have any wheels to go out on the message will sink in !!

The point is that these kids just like to do something against the law, they can make new law's to tackle down street racing, but a new law is even more fun to break.

Specially break the law in large groups is even more fun becouse they have the feeling of having power to do whatever they like. I have seen this myself in europe and we still see this there with large motor bike gangs, as example Harley Davidson clubs. No i dont give a name away... But even those clubs live to ride and ride to live, feel free and feel the power of be with a large amount of riders who feel the same, and no law or police can do something about it when they are together, and i know... That feels good.

So you can make a race track or drag strip, it just dont mather, thats just no fun. Feeling of be in control with a cool bike and lot of friends, tackle down the law is just more awesom.

Man, this guy "tackles" everything. Too bad he doesn't "accomplish" anything.

Actually in the short time he's been at the helm after the last fiasco left the country in a mess I think he's accomplished a great deal !!

But that is IMHO

I have lived in Thailand a long time now. Through 3 governments now.

I am curious to know what you think he has done? To me everything is the same, a few half hearted crack downs here and there and then things go back to normal.

I think it's a good thing.

Young Thai males are seriously lacking discipline, I'm not sure what can be done to improve it though, except making really bad things happen to them when they don't follow the law.

Just a suggestion: Automattically enlist every racer that is caught into the army for two years. Kill two birds with one stone. coffee1.gifthumbsup.gif

If they are "underage" does that mean "underage" to have a licence? If so, I think most of us are clever enough to see a flaw in his strategy already. Um! I am also surprised hat he thinks that taking their licences (if they are old enough to actually have one), off them for 6 months will stop them riding or racing. Does he think they care that much about licences? Taking the bike and not giving it back, is more likely to have some effect.

Khun PM you have a problem that has not really been considered a problem by your prior regimes. It will never stop unless you take there bikes and there drivers licenses. Simple and the will think twice about doing it and the parents might finally wonder what they are doing at night when they have to buy a new scooter!

How about a surprise of throwing some road spikes over the road? That would slow them down. Should have a salutary effect also. coffee1.gif

Yeah , yeah I know - draconian and dangerous but will these street racers ever learn? Nah! They don't give a toss about authority. They need to be hit between the eyes before they understand. And the PM should not be afraid to "hit" them.

You obviously haven't been here too long.

Those who have know the cops used to play baseball practice with them. Jump out and swing at their head and chest with a baseball bat.

Youtube videos of it are probably still online.

coffee1.gif