Anyone know of an military / army surplus store in Bangkok?

Kenny202

What are you looking for? I know of several shops, but they each have limited selections. Much smaller than the Mil Surplus mega stores back home.

I'd hate to send you to one that sells only clothing if you're looking for, say, jeep parts.

Dont think your going to get any great deals. Ive been to four or five of them and most stuff is rubbish and overpriced. The ones I went to were around Pattays...and Hua Hin....I would look for gear in the dept stores like supersports or the tank store.

There is a shop in "The Nine" community mall on Rama IX Rd.

Can't remember its name, but its up on the second floor in a far corner. If you're coming in through the main entrance from Rama IX, take the right escalator, turn left at the top and immediately right again and you already stumble across it.

It sells both new and used army stuff, including clothing, combat boots, field equipment gear (canteens, mess kits, flashlights, tent canvasses, etc.), rucksacks, sleeping bags, knives, and a whole lot more.

They're is one between khao san Rd and Wat po/grand palace area

They have everything from uniforms to rain clothing, boots, helmets, army knifes and bayonets etc even various military medals

Some of the stuff looks like original issue 2nd hand gear, the rest I don't know

I don't think I would be in the market for 2nd hand army boots when you can order new ones online with a couple of mouse clicks on eBay or whatever

There was a camping shop in Seacom Square - but it looked like week-end camping stuff designed to make you look the part but nothing that would be suitable for a four month trek along the Amazon. Also upstairs there is a section that has many different types of stalls including a few selling airguns and paintball (a friend of ours had a stall there) so you may also find what ever you are looking for in that section od Seacom.