Advice with my step daughters Settlement Visa to the UK.

Hello All.

I am about 80% there in completing my step daughters settlement Visa to the UK, has anybody got any final tips or points to give me to add to the application to give it that boost.

Thanking you all as always.

:)

Such as?

The main stumbling block in child settlement applications is proving sole responsibility; particularly if the parent is already living in the UK. The longer the period of separation, the more difficult this may be.

How have you covered that?

If you have any specific questions, feel free to ask.

As 7x7 has said, one of the most important aspects of a child settlement application is covering the matter of sole responsibility, and I would advise you look carefully at the link provided by 7x7. In addition, you should now consider the "human rights" aspects of the application, as this may affect any right of appeal under the new Immigration Act that was introduced recently.

If we can assist in any way, then please contact us through the link in our sponsorship ad, or in our avatar.

Tony M

I did this about 2 months ago with success but we have been living together in Thailand as a family and my wife had the signed paper from the local amphur confirming sole responsibility and I was able to show that I had been providing for them both for 3 years. If you can do this you should be fine but if you are living apart, not as a family then more difficult to prove the sole responsibility aspect.