Plug voltage 204v

stubuzz

So long as it goes back up at night (look again at 2AM) and doesn't go much below 198V (-10%) mid evening when everyone (including you) has got the aircon running there's nothing really to worry about.

If it's constantly low and never goes above 220V then it is worth talking to PEA and getting them to increase the transformer tapping, there's another recent thread on a similar subject which was fixed simply by PEA.

Thanks. While your here, i just looked at the breaker for the air con. The wires are reversed: Black in neutral and white in live. Should i change them back and swap them around on the air con unit?

Its wrong, and wouldn't pass muster back home, but I wouldn't muck about with the aircon wiring, the electrons don't care what colour the wire is and even the polarity isn't an issue these days, if it's working leave well alone.

Thanks again. I forgot to mention the installers have also fitted a 30 amp breaker to an 1100w unit. Should it be replaced?

I'm assuming this is an aircon, is it the only appliance on that cable?

What size is the cable and how long is the run?

If the cable is 4mm2 or larger 30A will be no problem.

If it's 2.5mm2 then the breaker should be 20A.

If it's smaller than 2.5mm2 come back here.

The air con is tapped off a 2.5mm ( quite long) plug socket circuit and the air con is connected with 2.5mm wire. I have a 16 amp breaker. Will that be ok?

Should be OK, suck and see, it's just possible that the start surge from the compressor will open it.

Archived