Any DeWalt dealerships in CM?

Dean1953

I have a set of 18 volt cordless DeWalt tools at my house, with at least 10 batteries. I had two chargers that I brought years ago to my house; one I used a step down transformer with that no longer works and the other a Thai electrician converted to 220 V and it quit working last week when I was at my house. I checked at Homepro and they don't sell a DeWalt charger that works with U.S. 18 volt batteries. When I got back to the U.S., I saw that DeWalt Thailand does make a charger that does work on U.S. Batteries. I can buy it on Amazon for around $70 but I also found a DeWalt dealer in Buriam that has it in stock for 1,900 baht and will ship it. If anyone knows of a store in Chiangmai Mai that is a dealer (or would order it for me), I would appreciate it. Otherwise, I'll contact the store in Buriam and have it shipped to a friend in Chiangmai Mai (that lives next to my house). Thanks in advance.

I found out a few months ago that Dewalt is owned by Black and Decker. My Dewalt batteries and charger finally bit the dust. A new battery was 90 dollars at Lowes. 2 batteries and a charger could be had online for 50. They were listed as "replacement batteries for Dewalt cordless drill. When I got them, they were Black and Decker batteries. Worked just fine.

18 volt batteries are not Thailand or US specific. 18 volts is 18 volts and is the same everywhere. There are different styles of DeWalt batteries but are based upon the DC voltage (the higher the voltage, the more power) so just determine the "style" of your battery stash and go from there

XR Li-Ion DEWALT 10.8V, 14.4V, 18V

One vendor on Ebay sells a 220 Volt charger for Dewalt li-ion batteries and ships to Thailand:

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Dewalt-DCB105-li-ion-XR-Battery-Charger-10-8v-18v-220v-C-plug-/271607708494?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f3d14bb4e

I have a Ryobi drill that I bought in the US at Home Depot that was on sale at half price and was able to find a US vendor that sold a charger for it that was converted to 220Volts so that I could use it here in Thailand. For some reason changing voltage for battery chargers must be fairly simple since there are many vendors on Ebay that sell converted 220 volt charger for most batteries, regardless of brand