Lost my phone..

wow64

Got a taxi to work yesterday to pick somethings up and my misses left my mobile in a taxi as she was being Thai taking pictures/selfies.. New iPhone 6 and I had just turned the 4g3g data off.. could not use find my iPhone.

Was very pissed off to say the least at her and my self for turning the data off.

Called the phone 50 times with no answer. Sent a message if found call this number in Thai. Was resigned to the fact it was gone. After few hours passed I sent a message saying reward of 10k if found 20 sec later I called and it picked up.. A passenger in the taxi had found it. Very nice young Thai lady.

Went and meet her she refused the money tried putting it in an envelope but just wouldn't accept it.. Went to the shop and purchased a massive gift basket plus food and gave it to the family with a card.

Can't believe I got it back.. There are some honest people out there.. After all the phones I have returned it's good to know there are nice people out there doing the same.

Now the misses insists it was returned as she prayed and promised a pig head to the spirits so we have to go buy one of them also..

Thankyou Thailand.

Edited by wow64

Very nice young Thai lady.Went and meet her she refused the money tried putting it in an envelope but just wouldn't accept it.. Went to the shop and purchased a massive gift basket plus food and gave it to the family with a card.

Was she fit looking ? maybe bin the Mrs and shack up with her...laugh.png

Nice story from the OP though. There are just as many decent people here as anywhere else IMHO.... when I say 'here' I mean Thailand and not this forum.

I only wish that my wife had listened to me an NOT bought a bloody iPhone hohk. She is totally dischuffed off with the experience and utterly gutted at the pathetic resale value.

I got my phone stolen once in Bangkok. I got another phone and called my old number. A ladyboy answered and told me people kept calling me and it was annoying her..She wanted I come to Nana and pay her or her trouble taking messages for me.It was so weird I just forgot about it and let her keep the phone.

Very nice young Thai lady.Went and meet her she refused the money tried putting it in an envelope but just wouldn't accept it.. Went to the shop and purchased a massive gift basket plus food and gave it to the family with a card.

Yes she is very good looking.. Makes her even prettier how honest she was. Edited by wow64

I got my phone stolen once in Bangkok. I got another phone and called my old number. A ladyboy answered and told me people kept calling me and it was annoying her..She wanted I come to Nana and pay her or her trouble taking messages for me.It was so weird I just forgot about it and let her keep the phone.

LOL. Admit it, you 'lost' your phone in Cascade Bar.

your iPhone is useless because you need the password to reset it

apple will not unlock it unless you show proof of purchase.

you can make it rings remotely.

you can track it and even take a picture of the thief.

don't steal an iPhone. best way is to give it back.

this is why millions of phone users have decided to have an iPhone..

think different :)

Edited by VIPinthailand

your iPhone is useless because you need the password to reset it

apple will not unlock it unless you show proof of purchase.

you can make it rings remotely.

you can track it and even take a picture of the thief.

don't steal an iPhone. best way is to give it back.

this is why millions of phone users have decided to have an iPhone..

think different :)

Hi thanks for the advice...

Unfortunately as I stated, I turned the cell/data off just before we got in the taxi... So "find my iphone" would not work nor other third party apps..

I got it back though... So thats why I was so happy about this..

You can unlock an iphone unfortunatley... Even if its locked.. They would just have to know what they are doing or take it to a shop that does.

Sent from my c64

Yes she is very good looking.. Makes her even prettier how honest she was.

Did you get her number thumbsup.gif

It would have been worth buying a(nother) very cheap phone, just to call her, at all times of the day and night.

Your missus does the selfie <deleted>?.... Grounds for divorce!

90% of the females below 50 do that.....

I do it all the time, just bought myself a 'selfie' phone with a 8MP front camera so I can get some quality shots.

It would have been worth buying a(nother) very cheap phone, just to call her, at all times of the day and night.

haha yeah good idea.

Will send her some selfies.

why "find my iPhone" not working? it should work even if 3g is off.

on the Wi-Fi it works.

http://www.appy-geek.com/Web/ArticleWeb.aspx?regionid=3&articleid=43464109

I had just turned off Cell Data and I don't let my device connect to public wifi... So locked and will only connect to known networks.. No way I could get find my iphone going.. Was kicking myself I turned cell data off minutes before.

Work in IT so I am ok with this kind of thing...

Sent from my c64

on the Wi-Fi it works.

I had just turned off Cell Data and I don't let my device connect to public wifi... So locked and will only connect to known networks.. No way I could get find my iphone going.. Was kicking myself I turned cell data off minutes before.

Sent from my c64

how do you let your iphone to be connected not any open Wi-Fi?

I turn 3g off because I don't want be charged.

on the Wi-Fi it works.

Sent from my c64

how do you let your iphone to be connected not any open Wi-Fi?

I turn 3g off because I don't want be charged.

Not any open... public wifi.. such as Dtac or True I was referring too.