UK visitor visa for Thai national processing time

Application made 1 May. Appointment 4 May. No decision made yet and have now escalated the enquiry by email and this has been acknowledged. The web site states 100% of May applications approved in 3 weeks. Obviously not correct. Not sure we will get any further sense if we make a phone call. Previous visa issued within 20 days last year. NZ visa in March took 7 days. Any other applicants facing delays. I should say we will be travelling to the Channel Islands so a referral there will have been made - as it was last year.

The figures are for UK decisions made in May, not applications submitted in May. I don't think they include non UK applications such as yours, but may be wrong.

Although submitted via the British embassy, all visa applications to the Channel Islands and the Isle of Man are referred to the relevant government.

This will obviously cause the processing of such applications to take longer than those for the UK which are processed in Bangkok.

Update - finally got a phone call from the Embassy. The application is sitting on a desk in the Channel Islands. Tried to call - answer phone, no call back. Sent emails - no response. A friend will visit today to try and get some action.

I do not understand how a statistic based on decisions can be valid as it should be based on applications? But that would make the statistics difficult to measure on a monthly basis. The best measure would be - applications received in April processed by..... Anyway, pretty irrelevant from my perspective.

Glad you got the response, albeit not the final one.

Regarding stats my GF submitted her application 2nd June to UK (not Channel Islands). Told it would take 2 weeks. That day she told me there were about 300+ people in the building. She had an appointment booked, but ended up taking a ticket and had to wait 2 hours.

Someone phoned her after a week, but we've heard nothing since. Office in BKK has closed now, which would have been the 10th working day (not including submittal day)

Edited by isnakebite