Thai officials found delaying delivery of textbooks to be punished: Obec

webfact

EDU UPDATE
Officials found delaying delivery of textbooks to be punished: Obec

The Nation

BANGKOK: -- THE Office of Basic Education Commission (Obec) is investigating complaints that some students have not yet received all the textbooks they need for their classes.

"I have instructed educational service area offices across the country to set up committees to look into the complaints and identify the cause of the problem and the people who should be held responsible," Kamol Rodklai, secretary general of Obec, said.

Any school or publisher found responsible for the delay in delivering the textbooks would face punishment, he said.

Obec has provided schools with a budget for textbooks and a textbook-purchase calendar.

"All the schools should have followed the schedule. Failure to provide students with textbooks in a timely manner can adversely affect children," Kamol said.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/national/Officials-found-delaying-delivery-of-textbooks-to--30262311.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-15

Heard the same story some years ago ... they said the head honcho of the province worked some kind of deal to make money from the school books. This was under one of the previous democratically elected governments.

Instead of setting up committees to look into the problem, how about Rodklai pick up the telephone and start calling people responsible for distribution and demand to know the reasons for delay?

Tell them they have 24 hrs to call him back to confirm deliveries have been made or submit their resignations.

Instead of setting up committees to look into the problem, how about Rodklai pick up the telephone and start calling people responsible for distribution and demand to know the reasons for delay?

Tell them they have 24 hrs to call him back to confirm deliveries have been made or submit their resignations.

Possibly a little more complicated but it does take committees to sort out the problem...

Very simple delegate to regional officials to to get district officials to report back on the situation in their area and who is at fault, then move none preforming officials to in active posts, and put publishers, printers and distributors on a black list barring them for tendering for any government contracts in the future.

Edited by Basil B

My niece whom I look after as I elected to take care of her education, ten year old, my gfs niece but I have taken care her for quite a while, her school books this term were two weeks late, net result school finished early and no home work, extra tuition suspended.

I know in my heart it's a bloody scam some <deleted> and his minions making , stealing money, which is the norm in LOS, sadly one man will never be able to to take care of this, it's ingrained theft is good, public money is for stealing and they don't give a shit who it hurts, in fact silly thing to say as it never comes into the equation.

For you armchair pundits lived here a long time and will spend the rest of my life here, just telling it the way it is., authority top to bottom rotten to the core.