More details from developer about 20 year Thai visa/condo deal

webfact

I know you are directing your comments at me, but do I state facts or not.

Why you still insist to spread the lie that the Thailand elite program is ongoing for 13 years without any problems.

I have posted the facts in the post above yours, and I have many more ready to post.What happened in the past can happen again in the future, and nobody gonna refund you the lost money.

Why you refuse to answer my question? It sounds that you only want the positives to be known to the public, but are persistent on hiding the negatives.

Denial_riverinegypt.jpg

@Anthony5: Apart from the concerns about the condo developer which I can understand, what are your concerns about the TE visa?

Isn't it good that this option exists, both for Thailand and the visa holders who choose this option?

I have no issue with TE visa, but everyone should know that what a certain TE propagandist on this forum tries to hide, is that the program was suspended in the past and can be suspended again on a whim in the future.

So spreading false information on this forum that Elite visa is a safe bet, and there have been no problem during it 12 year existence, is as far from the truth as saying it snows in Chiangmai.

thanks for this. Suspended means that the visa wasn't offered to new buyers anymore but existing visa holders were not impacted, right?

No, if you look at the link in post #160 which is the letter Elite sent to their members, you will know that early 2009 EXISTING members didn't get their visa renewed,

Here is some more information regarding that issue.

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/235788-thailand-elite-program-is-dying-special-entry-visa-suspended/

I got suspended once, in the local competition. The umpires were biased to one side, and after the second whack to the head

Yet...

Post fallout, which was the period of the original SE visa...

2013 and the original members were offered to continue the original offer of the SE or change to the PE visa.

It continues, it never stopped, but stalled interim. Now there is a clause in the "terms and conditions" that protects members against this "scam" as you related earlier. 2.4(3) & 2.4(4) for your reference.

No idea what you are babbling about 2013, but the program suspension was January 2009, and members were DENIED a visa renewal. No SE or PE visa existed at that time.

Which part of the letter sent to their members you don't understand? They were lucky they got the program re-approved at that time, but it could have been different. Terms and conditions that are changed after the event are figs after Easter.

yeah, my battery went dead in my phone before I could finish my post, yet it posted somehow.

Anyways, original members still have their membership. The rest is history.

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ok, for the last time, I don't think Southpoint is 70% sold--at least not the building that is available for individual condo sales. And, there should be foreign quota available. For simplicity, let's say a developer is building 2 buildings, each with 500 condos each. Building A is completely sold to one buyer to use as apartments or a hotel. The condo developer can say that the condo development is '50% sold!!!', which is technically true, but in reality he has not sold 1 condo in Building B, the one individuals are buying into. Saying 50% of the condos are sold gives the impression of success but Building B has 0 buyers. In the case of Southpoint, I think the building that was sold to one buyer for apartment or hotel use was probably sold in Thai name. If that is the case, there should still be foreign quota condos available in the building being marketed to individual buyers. Several condos, such as Amari, are selling part of the condo to a hotel in Thai name as that allows them to sell more of the remaining condos in foreign name.

For the last time, Southpoint mailed me that 70% of the project is sold, so you consider they are lying about that figure but not about other things like for instance the Elite Visa?

To put the figures straight.

There are 2 buildings, with building one 431 units and building two 224 units for a total of 665 units

If 70% is sold as they claim that mean 458 units sold, from which 224 in building 2 so leaving 234 units sold in building 1.

To me 234 is more than the allowed 49% foreign quota of 431 units.

You gonna claim now that all those 234 units are sold to Thais? laugh.png

Why you still insist to spread the lie that the Thailand elite program is ongoing for 13 years without any problems.

I have posted the facts in the post above yours, and I have many more ready to post.What happened in the past can happen again in the future, and nobody gonna refund you the lost money.

Why you refuse to answer my question? It sounds that you only want the positives to be known to the public, but are persistent on hiding the negatives.

Denial_riverinegypt.jpg

@Anthony5: Apart from the concerns about the condo developer which I can understand, what are your concerns about the TE visa?

Isn't it good that this option exists, both for Thailand and the visa holders who choose this option?

I have no issue with TE visa, but everyone should know that what a certain TE propagandist on this forum tries to hide, is that the program was suspended in the past and can be suspended again on a whim in the future.

So spreading false information on this forum that Elite visa is a safe bet, and there have been no problem during it 12 year existence, is as far from the truth as saying it snows in Chiangmai.

thanks for this. Suspended means that the visa wasn't offered to new buyers anymore but existing visa holders were not impacted, right?

No, if you look at the link in post #160 which is the letter Elite sent to their members, you will know that early 2009 EXISTING members didn't get their visa renewed,

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/235788-thailand-elite-program-is-dying-special-entry-visa-suspended/

I got suspended once, in the local competition. The umpires were biased to one side, and after the second whack to the head

Yet...

2013 and the original members were offered to continue the original offer of the SE or change to the PE visa.

It continues, it never stopped, but stalled interim. Now there is a clause in the "terms and conditions" that protects members against this "scam" as you related earlier. 2.4(3) & 2.4(4) for your reference.

No idea what you are babbling about 2013, but the program suspension was January 2009, and members were DENIED a visa renewal. No SE or PE visa existed at that time.

Which part of the letter sent to their members you don't understand? They were lucky they got the program re-approved at that time, but it could have been different. Terms and conditions that are changed after the event are figs after Easter.

yeah, my battery went dead in my phone before I could finish my post, yet it posted somehow.

So it didn't happen then, same as WW I and WW II didn't happen because the world still exist?

They were lucky they got things solved at that time, but you know that the past is no guarantee for the future, and the current government is more than keen to bury all Thaksins brainchilds whenever they get the opportunity.

You will also have noticed that the current government are not so much foreigner friendly, so just wait and see, because they are here for some more years.

Denial_riverinegypt.jpg

Yet...

So it didn't happen then, same as WW I and WW II didn't happen because the world still exist?

They were lucky they got things solved at that time, but you know that the past is no guarantee for the future, and the current government is more than keen to bury all Thaksins brainchilds whenever they get the opportunity.

You will also have noticed that the current government are not so much foreigner friendly, so just wait and see, because they are here for some more years.

i didn't say that.

The rest is speculative scaremongering.

Ok, for the last time, I don't think Southpoint is 70% sold--at least not the building that is available for individual condo sales. And, there should be foreign quota available. For simplicity, let's say a developer is building 2 buildings, each with 500 condos each. Building A is completely sold to one buyer to use as apartments or a hotel. The condo developer can say that the condo development is '50% sold!!!', which is technically true, but in reality he has not sold 1 condo in Building B, the one individuals are buying into. Saying 50% of the condos are sold gives the impression of success but Building B has 0 buyers. In the case of Southpoint, I think the building that was sold to one buyer for apartment or hotel use was probably sold in Thai name. If that is the case, there should still be foreign quota condos available in the building being marketed to individual buyers. Several condos, such as Amari, are selling part of the condo to a hotel in Thai name as that allows them to sell more of the remaining condos in foreign name.

For the last time, Southpoint mailed me that 70% of the project is sold, so you consider they are lying about that figure but not about other things like for instance the Elite Visa?

There are 2 buildings, with building one 431 units and building two 224 units for a total of 665 units

If 70% is sold as they claim that mean 458 units sold, from which 224 in building 2 so leaving 234 units sold in building 1.

You've lost me a little bit as the 49% quota applies to the 665 units, not per building, so let's call this 330 units available in a foreign name, if every single one of the 234 units sold has already gone to a foreigner then there's still 96 available. Edited by JB300

Lumpini is selling their furnished 32sqm beach view unit on 31st floor for 2.1 million. This is not your usual green loso Lumpini, but rather a luxury development with the added peace of of mind bonus as Lumpini always stand behind their product. So it's far from 2 for 1 and i wish Gerry would get banned for trolling all the time.

In the Thailand Elite threads it is other people's posts that are deleted by moderators... Not mine ;)

I am sure you know who I mean.

I can very well understand that Thailand Elite haters do not appreciate Thailand Elite members correcting misleading and false information posted about the program on this forum. It must be somewhat disturbing indeed.

There are two conflicting approaches.

On one side, a (very small) group does everything possible to criticize Thailand Elite.

On the other side, Thailand Elite members post comments about how pleased they are about the program and how convenient long term visa is.

These two approaches can produce some frictions, indeed. But this is a normal thing. It is going on like this since 13 years, when the program was initiated. And the program is still going on and on... To the displeasure of some, obviously.

Now, to speak about your Lumpini example... About which you speak quite positively, for a change.

You seem to like that development.

A "rather luxurious development" (arf), a company "standing behind their product" (I trust what you say, I never heard about that company), ... It looks like a place you would find yourself comfortable in, apparently.

Now, imagine that Lumpini offers the condo on the 31st floor (your example) not for 2.1, but for 3.1 million, together with a 20 years Thailand Elite membership (worth 2 million) ...

In that case, ... , just by bringing the Thailand Elite subject into the picture, you are going to also hate that company, and start to spit all the bad you think about that project too, same as with Kingdom Property and Southpoint Pattaya,... right?

Edited by gerry1011

I'm not sure I'd believe everything I read on the Southpoint Condo website. The website still says The Bay Shopping Center on Pattaya Beach Road is on schedule for completion quarter 4 of this year. I drove down Beach Road a few days ago and nothing was visible above the construction fence. I doubt they can get a rather large 3 story shopping center up and ready to open in 6 months. The last monthly Southpoint newsletter and 'news and activities' update was Feb. of this year--very out of date. I think if the condo was actually 70% sold they would not have had construction delays.

Lumpini is selling their furnished 32sqm beach view unit on 31st floor for 2.1 million. This is not your usual green loso Lumpini, but rather a luxury development with the added peace of of mind bonus as Lumpini always stand behind their product. So it's far from 2 for 1 and i wish Gerry would get banned for trolling all the time.

In the Thailand Elite threads it is other people's posts that are deleted by moderators... Not mine wink.png

I can very well understand that Thailand Elite haters do not appreciate Thailand Elite members correcting misleading and false information posted about the program on this forum. It must be somewhat disturbing indeed.

On one side, a (very small) group does everything possible to criticize Thailand Elite.

On the other side, Thailand Elite members post comments about how pleased they are about the program and how convenient long term visa is.

These two approaches can produce some frictions, indeed. But this is a normal thing. It is going on like this since 13 years, when the program was initiated. And the program is still going on and on... To the displeasure of some, obviously.

Now, to speak about your Lumpini example... About which you speak quite positively, for a change.

A "rather luxurious development" (arf), a company "standing behind their product" (I trust what you say, I never heard about that company), ... It looks like a place you would find yourself comfortable in, apparently.

Now, imagine that Lumpini offers the condo on the 31st floor (your example) not for 2.1, but for 3.1 million, together with a 20 years Thailand Elite membership (worth 2 million) ...

In that case, ... , just by bringing the Thailand Elite subject into the picture, you are going to also hate that company, and start to spit all the bad you think about that project too, same as with Kingdom Property and Southpoint Pattaya,... right?

If you have no intention about trolling this thread then answer the following questions.

- Is this thread about the benefits of the Elite visa or about a dubious developer with a stalled project offering the visa together with the purchase of a condo?

- Has the elite program been temporary suspended early 2009 and members refused renewal of their visa or not?

- Is the email which Kerryd received from Thailand Elite and where they said that the individual membership for property Co program is suspended a hoax?

- Are posts in the Elite thread removed for any other reason than that you keep reporting them because you don't want the truth to be known?

- Why you keep hijacking every thread where the name Elite is mentioned, however the topic of those threads have nothing to do with the benefits of the card?

- Where in this thread has the Elite card itself, rather than the advertising by the known dubious developer, been pictured as a scam?

Failing to answer these question will confirm that your only intention is indeed trolling, but we knew that for a long time already.

I'm not sure I'd believe everything I read on the Southpoint Condo website. The website still says The Bay Shopping Center on Pattaya Beach Road is on schedule for completion quarter 4 of this year. I drove down Beach Road a few days ago and nothing was visible above the construction fence. I doubt they can get a rather large 3 story shopping center up and ready to open in 6 months. The last monthly Southpoint newsletter and 'news and activities' update was Feb. of this year--very out of date. I think if the condo was actually 70% sold they would not have had construction delays.

Could it be that the whole advertising is a scam, since Thailand Elite already has confirmed that the program is suspended, and recalling that the developer in the past pulled a similar scam with the Royal Varuna Yacht club?

You've lost me a little bit as the 49% quota applies to the 665 units, not per building, so let's call this 330 units available in a foreign name, if every single one of the 234 units sold has already gone to a foreigner then there's still 96 available.

Foreign quota is calculated per building and not per project.

You've lost me a little bit as the 49% quota applies to the 665 units, not per building, so let's call this 330 units available in a foreign name, if every single one of the 234 units sold has already gone to a foreigner then there's still 96 available.

Nonsense!! You don't know, what you are talking about.

PS. Time to stop the p**sing-contest, it stopped being entertaining about a 100 posts ago.............coffee1.gif

PS. Time to stop the p**sing-contest, it stopped being entertaining about a 100 posts ago.............coffee1.gif

LINK?

I stopped being entertained by you when you claimed to have a Elite visa for which you paid the fee in a Singapore bank account and that the initial terms and conditions allowed for 5 Rai of land coffee1.gif

Each condominium shall have aliens or corporate as indicated under Section 19 holding ownerships in the units collectively not exceeding forty-nine percents (49%) of the spaces of the whole units in such particular condominium at the time of making the registration of such condominium in accordance with Section 6.

Edited by Anthony5

I had assumed it was the whole of the development as you can have "Condos" that include some villas which can be owned in a foreign name but will confess I've never actively looked to confirm this so if I'm wrong then I've learnt something new :)

Edit: seems it's not even the number of units, it's the size "Foreigners may only own 49% of a single condo development. This is calculated based on the area of the condo units. The total area of the condo units owned by foreigners cannot exceed 49% of the total area of all saleable condo units."... http://usa.siam-legal.com/property-thailand/buying-condo-thailand.php

But with language as wooly as "single condo development" (which to me is everything that's part of the same named condo), it's hard to work out what's what...

Edited by JB300

LINK?

I stopped being entertained by you when you claimed to have a Elite visa for which you paid the fee in a Singapore bank account and that the initial terms and conditions allowed for 5 Rai of land...

Actually he said 10, not 5 :)

Actually he said 10, not 5 smile.png

So you take the time have a go at JOC but fail to answer my questions in the earlier post. Says a lot of your real intentions in this thread.

Let me add another question.

Why does a man that has not worked a single day in his life feels the need to continuous brag about his wealth whenever he sees an opportunity?

In the Thailand Elite threads it is other people's posts that are deleted by moderators... Not mine wink.png

If you have no intention about trolling this thread then answer the following questions.

- Is this thread about the benefits of the Elite visa or about a dubious developer with a stalled project offering the visa together with the purchase of a condo?

- Has the elite program been temporary suspended early 2009 and members refused renewal of their visa or not?

- Is the email which Kerryd received from Thailand Elite and where they said that the individual membership for property Co program is suspended a hoax?

- Are posts in the Elite thread removed for any other reason than that you keep reporting them because you don't want the truth to be known?

- Why you keep hijacking every thread where the name Elite is mentioned, however the topic of those threads have nothing to do with the benefits of the card?

- Where in this thread has the Elite card itself, rather than the advertising by the known dubious developer, been pictured as a scam?

Failing to answer these question will confirm that your only intention is indeed trolling, but we knew that for a long time already.

the answer to your first question resides in your second question.

It's obviously about the elite visa, otherwise the second question is trolling.[emoji3]

An interesting proposition. But the huge downside is if similar things pop up or this deal goes sour. Then, all Elite Visas including those done separate from this scheme may get reviewed, changed, canceled, or who knows what. Typical of Thailand, one things gets copied over and over until it becomes no good. This has many bad potential affects for Existing Elite Visa holders

An interesting proposition. But the huge downside is if similar things pop up or this deal goes sour. Then, all Elite Visas including those done separate from this scheme may get reviewed, changed, canceled, or who knows what. Typical of Thailand, one things gets copied over and over until it becomes no good. This has many bad potential affects for Existing Elite Visa holders

Can you cite an example or 2 of Thailand materially changing the T&Cs of an existing visa?

Actually he said 10, not 5 smile.png

So you take the time have a go at JOC, but fail to answer my questions in the earlier post.

Says a lot of your real intentions in this thread.

Let me add another question.

Why does a man that has not worked a single day in his life feel the need to continuously brag about his wealth whenever he sees an opportunity?

Quite obvious.

Insecurity.

:coffee1:

"may", "who knows what", "potential"...

I can't say you are wrong.

Tomorrow there "may" be an earthquake and we "may" well all die, together with our visas...

However, since 13 years of Thailand Elite existence, thousands of people became members, enjoyed, and still enjoy, trouble free stays in Thailand, many since over a decade, and all these "may" never materialized (except that the SE visa was upgraded to an even better PE visa).

I spend lots of time in Thailand since 12 years on the highly convenient Thailand Elite visa, and I would never change to any other option.

While some just go for it, others keep waiting because they believe that it "may this" or "may that"...

In the meantime the same hesitant people keep queueing and moaning at immigration.

Interesting proposition it is.

Up to the people to take it or not.

It comes at a price, of course. Nothing is free, to the disappointment of many, and especially the Thailand Elite haters who can't afford a membership.

But in the case of Kingdom property (and for those who need a condo there), the 20 years membership comes at half the price. Not bad.

Edited by gerry1011

Elite visa holders are queuing more than any other visa holders.

But of course the main advantage of having a retirement visa is that for your 90 day reports, you don't have to travel to the Elite office 8 times a year. 4 times to bring your passport and another 4 times to go pick up your passport.You do it all online from the convenience of your own desk while posting on Thaivisa.

I have the 5-year TE card, I made a short single visit to Elite offices once when I first made my application. After that, I have been required to go to the local police office for a 3-month stamp. I show the Officer my elite card and passport, he inserts a piece of paper with the date of my next 3-month stamp. There is no fee for this stamp. They do not keep my passport. There are no eight trips anywhere. Just one short local trip every 3 months, and no leaving/collecting passports.

When going to the main immigration, you are escorted by a friendly TE staff member, who does the paperwork on your behalf and fast-tracks you as much as possible to avoid waiting.

So I make 4 trips a year, and never leave my passport with anyone. It is very easy, especially after trying all the alternatives for many years. I am posting this because I am very happy with this service, and because you are bold-red writing things which have never happened to me in my time as a TE card holder.

Congratulations, you have been able to reduce the number of 8 to only 4 trips. Did you notice that I with my retirement extension make only 1 trip a year, and don't have to wait for anyone to escort me?

WRONG ! The one year retirement visa still requires reporting every 90 days.