More details from developer about 20 year Thai visa/condo deal

webfact

ahhhh....i understand the merit of making money , but the thai peeps at the top have no shame or honor .... this "loss of face " thing only comes in play when they get caught stealing .....................thats a fact jack

• Replies 202
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This thread is become another Thailand Elite free advertisement :)

Maybe we should debate a bit about the developer... Just to be fair. After all it is the developer who offers this great promotion.

20 years of easy visa, no more queue at immigration, 1 year stamps, warm welcome at the airport, ... all this together with a (cheap) condo. Kingdom property should be thanked :)

I think I will go with the regular retirement visas, which for 20 years would cost one a meagre 38,000 Baht smile.png

plus the 800k or 65k in the bank or pension in the bank of course...wink.png

so 16000000 for the 800k option or 15600000 for the monthly pension route

wink.png

so it seems to me the condo/TE option is actually cheaper even for those retired, will leave them more money for Leo and their favourite Isaan teeraks to con out of them

thumbsup.gif [/quote

Don't know about you Southy,but i have been using the same 800k i put in 6 years ago.Sounds like your conning yourself.

How can a govt dept agree to a deal with one developer or real estate agent. Surely that is illegal, or should be.

The deal should be open to all that sell condos.

couldnt agree more but TiT and the most strange things happen when Money is involved then anything is possible sick.gifsick.gifsick.gif

How can a govt dept agree to a deal with one developer or real estate agent. Surely that is illegal, or should be.

The deal should be open to all that sell condos.

Who said it's not open to all developers?

Because he states that his company has an agreement re the visas. He doesnt say all developers now have this agreement.

If you have information that all developers have this agreement do tell.

I think I will go with the regular retirement visas, which for 20 years would cost one a meagre 38,000 Baht smile.png

plus the 800k or 65k in the bank or pension in the bank of course...wink.png

so 16000000 for the 800k option or 15600000 for the monthly pension route

wink.png

so it seems to me the condo/TE option is actually cheaper even for those retired, will leave them more money for Leo and their favourite Isaan teeraks to con out of them

thumbsup.gif

Come on Soutpeel, you are not that naive??

It might come as a surprise to you, but with the 800k option, it is not compulsory to spend all the money each year!! And even if it was, at least you would be the benefactor, whereas with the TE card the money goes straight into the corruption trough.

As for the last part of your post:bah.gifbah.gif

oh dear and I always took you for someone with a sense of humour...whistling.gif

but lets assume you dont spend the 800k/yr your still have to "lock up" 800k in the bank therefore "phantom fiddlers' comment it only costs 38k is still wrong

but of course your asserting the TE money goes into the corruption trough, one supposes you can shows or prove it as I am sure the PM of Thailand would be very interested, considering he has given the undertaking to clamp down on corruption, and I am sure if you can show him the corrupt practices, sure there would be some gratuity in it for you...like a free TE card, which I sure you will refuse on moral grounds...whistling.gif

Well i'll tell you what Southy,having a choice of having 800k locked up for 3 months,home or abroad in a bank,or 20 year visa with a property developer and Immigration involved,well it's a no brainer isn't it.

Nothing more than another rip off deal from Farang to Farang. Looks like the developer looking for somebody "who comes fresh from the boat"

( as they all do ).

First of all: Paying 65000 THB = around 2K US$ per m2 for a condo ( even if it might be "cheap" for Thailand ) is completely out of any sense.

You will get 5% maximum return on it when you rent it out, not to forget that I assume that you buy the condo from paper, so you basicly

lend the developer money up front for 2 years. And on top of that at the end your property will loose worth in the next few years.

Better to rent a house and put your money on the bank in Vietnam for example or invest in some CIS countries ( better returns over there )

or in Europe.

Second: There are also several other options how to stay long term in Thailand, you do not need a VIP Visa. Better to go for ED ( still working very well

if you know who you have to deal with and how - there is always a way, especially in Thailand ), for retires its anyway no problem ( if you not

have 800.000 THB you also couldn't buy this condos ).

This thread is become another Thailand Elite free advertisement smile.png

Maybe we should debate a bit about the developer... Just to be fair. After all it is the developer who offers this great promotion.

20 years of easy visa, no more queue at immigration, 1 year stamps, warm welcome at the airport, ... all this together with a (cheap) condo. Kingdom property should be thanked smile.png

Yeah, "if" (and that's a BIG if) they actually complete anything ... as someone else mentioned, this is the development that is already mired in financial "difficulties" with buyers having already paid up front, expected it to be completed now, and it's not even close.

Tons of posts about this already on ThaiVisa and other places.

Just a play of word and i did not read that the Thai government approved this. Only corrupt people would have to buy condo for visa. I bought house in Thailand so why did i not get a 20 year Thai visa

house deal. Just when i thought Thailand is getting better with new PM. Letting Chinese tourist agents work without working papers and now this. One question is Thailand getting desperate for income. I paid more more for my house so i should receive the same benefits!

20 years of easy visa, no more queue at immigration, 1 year stamps, warm welcome at the airport, ... all this together with a (cheap) condo. Kingdom property should be thanked smile.png

Still trying to convince yourself, that you made a good deal??

12 years of super convenient Thailand Elite visa, many more years to come, no immigration issues, actually never paid any visit to immigration, 1 year stamps, and a warm welcome each time I arrive in the country... all that for a little million (baht)(price of 12 years ago)... I am convinced already :)

The funny thing is how some on this forum try so hard to convince me - and others - that I made a bad deal :)

Thailand Elite. Best option... for those with a bit of money.

For the others, ... well, have fun at immigration for your extensions and everything.

I wonder how many thaivisa posters have already gone to book their condo by now. Great advertisement. Let's continue :)

Edited by gerry1011

Just a play of word and i did not read that the Thai government approved this. Only corrupt people would have to buy condo for visa. I bought house in Thailand so why did i not get a 20 year Thai visa

house deal. Just when i thought Thailand is getting better with new PM. Letting Chinese tourist agents work without working papers and now this. One question is Thailand getting desperate for income. I paid more more for my house so i should receive the same benefits!

Are you Thai ?

how did YOU buy a house on landed property ?

1. If in your wife's name, you have gifted to your wife, you didn't buy anything, she has bought a house with your money and you have signed a bit of paper

2. If you sent up a company to buy a house, then I wouldn't be bleating on about things being illegal if I was you..as what you have done is illegal as well

where is the Chinese "tourist agents" working without papers ? the News reports said tour guides, non nationality specific

seems you really living up to you user name

laugh.png

Edited by Soutpeel

12 years of super convenient Thailand Elite visa, many more years to come, no immigration issues, actually never paid any visit to immigration, 1 year stamps, and a warm welcome each time I arrive in the country... all that for a little million (baht)(price of 12 years ago)... I am convinced already smile.png

The funny thing is how some on this forum try so hard to convince me - and others - that I made a bad deal smile.png

For the others, ... well, have fun at immigration for your extensions and everything.

I wonder how many thaivisa posters have already gone to book their condo by now. Great advertisement. Let's continue smile.png

Don't feed the TROLL

look who is talking Anthony

Fact if if Gerry has a TE card and has an opinion, he is entitled to that opinion, so hardly a troll,

I think that the Thailand Elite haters don't appreciate Thailand Elite members' opinion... Especially because we give positive opinions about it.

I have something negative to say about Thailand Elite though...

I think that the previous design and color of the membership card was better than the present one.

But ok, on the other side, the SE visa has been upgraded to a PE visa, with 1 year stamp at each entry, so, all in all, is it still great ;)

By the way, this thread is not about the Elite card, it is about a company who's operations are suspended for the past 5 months because of lack of finance who is offering an Elite visa.

You will also notice in the terms and conditions that interested buyers in this scam program, will have to pay 1.000.000 Baht within 15 days after signing the contract, and that the visa is NOT guaranteed.

Edited by Anthony5

Maybe you can get a condo in Spain for 3MB but I wonder what the monthly maintenance/condo fees are. I can buy a small studio or 1 bedroom condo on the ocean in the Carolinas or Florida in the US for around 3MB but the MONTHLY condo/maintenance fees run around 400 to 500 dollars for a lot of them due to high labor costs and condo insurance fees. I have a small condo here on the ocean in Jomtien and the condo/maintenance fees run around 215 dollars a YEAR. I'd like to have a small condo on the ocean in the US but with my pension the monthly condo/maintenance fees would kill me.

Maybe you can get a condo in Spain for 3MB but I wonder what the monthly maintenance/condo fees are. I can buy a small studio or 1 bedroom condo on the ocean in the Carolinas or Florida in the US for around 3MB but the MONTHLY condo/maintenance fees run around 400 to 500 dollars for a lot of them due to high labor costs and condo insurance fees. I have a small condo here on the ocean in Jomtien and the condo/maintenance fees run around 215 dollars a YEAR. I'd like to have a small condo on the ocean in the US but with my pension the monthly condo/maintenance fees would kill me.

Good point about maintenance fees in Thailand. Another reason why I refuse to buy a condo here. It is not the political instability or where will I be in 10 years. It is for the fact that even "hi-so" developments look like a dump because of shoddy construction and lack of maintenance.

I own a one bedroom condo in downtown Toronto and pay $380 a month in maintenance fees alone (not including property tax which is extra $120 a month).

My 12 year old condo building looks better than stuff that was built a year ago in Bangkok.

You get what you pay for. I am a Thailand lover (and part time Canada basher), but a lot of people kid themselves when comparing things between Thailand and the West.

Nigel has always been one of the smartest guys in the Thai Property market/Developers and was wondering what happened to him since leaving Raimon?...

Obviously hes back with a bang and bigger than ever...and with new Ideas to boot...good for him.

Met him a couple of time over the years during some of his very up market promotions in the UK and last time seem to remember was at the Battersea Park festival which am happy to say he provided all that beer that day...for all of my group....and it was hot....not the beer.smile.png

Times are changing and I suspect that the next generation of happy condo investers will be looking for a simpler way of "owning" their bit of paradise...in Patti...perceived or otherwise with as little hassle as possible hence this opportunity with the 20 year option.

Prepare for the new 50 years olds recently divorced from the dragons in Blighty ...managing to hang onto half of the marital "Bann" and maybe end up with a stash of what.... 300 K to play with.....(bt15m) and needs to escape/excape....and when it comes to it......3 Mil....peanuts....and includes a 20 year visa...whao hoo......Hold me back....

That's part of the market out there..and can easily see the attraction...init....

Edited by Rinrada

12 years of super convenient Thailand Elite visa, many more years to come, no immigration issues, actually never paid any visit to immigration, 1 year stamps, and a warm welcome each time I arrive in the country... all that for a little million (baht)(price of 12 years ago)... I am convinced already smile.png

The funny thing is how some on this forum try so hard to convince me - and others - that I made a bad deal smile.png

I wonder how many thaivisa posters have already gone to book their condo by now. Great advertisement. Let's continue smile.png

Both Nigel Cornflake and his partner Tim Beaumont (as per sign in pic) were run off of Samui with their rorts. The Beaumont Outrigger project in Bo Phud and marketed by their Brit mates CBRE had an underground car park which was flooded at the first high tide and abandoned leaving the site with half a dozen rusting cranes. BEWARE

Nigel has always been one of the smartest guys in the Thai Property market/Developers and was wondering what happened to him since leaving Raimon?...

Obviously hes back with a bang and bigger than ever...and with new Ideas to boot...good for him.

Met him a couple of time over the years during some of his very up market promotions in the UK and last time seem to remember was at the Battersea Park festival which am happy to say he provided all that beer that day...for all of my group....and it was hot....not the beer.smile.png

Times are changing and I suspect that the next generation of happy condo investers will be looking for a simpler way of "owning" their bit of paradise...in Patti...perceived or otherwise with as little hassle as possible hence this opportunity with the 20 year option.

Prepare for the new 50 years olds recently divorced from the dragons in Blighty ...managing to hang onto half of the marital "Bann" and maybe end up with a stash of what.... 300 K to play with.....(bt15m) and needs to escape/excape....and when it comes to it......3 Mil....peanuts....and includes a 20 year visa...whao hoo......Hold me back....

That's part of the market out there..and can easily see the attraction...init....

This is exactly what this thread is about. Marketing.

Some here focus on all the bad they think (and spit) about Kingdom Property or Thailand Elite, arguing about a possible scam, proven corruption, and all that blah blah blah... , while in fact it is the simplest marketing technique you could use, in order to make the people notice, and speak about your project.

On this forum it worked like a charm :)

I love all the "conspiration theories" and speculations that we can read here, while it is simply a matter of "you by my condo at that price, and I buy you a Thailand Elite membership". A basic promotion. Same as the free furniture promotion...

Edited by gerry1011

I was just on the Kingdom Property website. The original completion date for Southpoint Condo was quarter 4, 2015, according to one of the 2014 monthly newsletters. The latest newsletter now gives the completion date as q4 2016. Kingdom Property is also constructing the new Bay Shopping Center on Pattaya Beach Road. It is suppose to have a completion date of q4 2015 but judging by the progress so far I doubt it will be done by then as it's already the middle of June.

According to the Southpoint website (http://www.southpointpattaya.com/new/construction.php) the last construction "update" was November 2014. They had been providing monthly updates up to that point, but nothing in the 7 months since then.

Similarly, on the News/Activities page they had a monthly "newsletter" but the last one is dated Feb 2015 and no updates in the 4 months since then (http://www.southpointpattaya.com/new/news.php).(The newsletters note that the construction is on time to be completed by the end of 2016 so that gives them another 18 months to finish things off.)

Google Maps (overhead view) shows the buildings looking fairly complete on the outside (https://www.google.co.th/maps/@12.9190693,100.8611054,874a,20y,90h/data=!3m1!1e3?hl=en) (LoL - the street view just shows an empty lot though) !

(Note - 4 business days now and still no response from Thailand Elite regarding my question about what they define as "property".)

As for the conversations regarding the prices - a couple years ago I was talking to a guy who (allegedly) was buying properties here (Pattaya) and then reselling them to people from his home country (Denmark) for upwards of 3 times what he paid for them ! He told me that it was easy because what the people were getting for that price was still way cheaper than what a similar sized place would cost them in Denmark. (Not sure how his "customers" would feel after arriving and finding out they paid almost triple the going rate though.)

(Found a "Construction Update" dated Feb 2015. All it is though is a 1:15 Youtube clip with literally zero information. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P4BwOl7hvAY)

According to the Southpoint website (http://www.southpointpattaya.com/new/construction.php) the last construction "update" was November 2014. They had been providing monthly updates up to that point, but nothing in the 7 months since then.

Usual Practice from the Developers. Negative News are bad for Sales, therefore its better to be silent. On the other Hand they spend at lot of Money for advertising good News like " 7 % Rental Yield guaranteed" which is another Nonsense

The new 50 year olds don't need a 30m² condo with an elite visa for 3 -4.1 million, they can buy such a condo at half that price and have a hassle free retirement visa at 38.000 Baht for 20 years.

It is even more convenient for them since they can do their 90 day reports online without going out of the door, while this is not possible for elite visa holders.

Additionally they can choose a condo in a project that hasn't been stalled for more than half a year already, and may be never be completed.

By the way, most 50 year olds I know that have divorced from the dragons in Blighty don't have 300K pounds, hardly 300K baht actually.

I just received an interesting response from Thailand Elite !

"Greetings from Thailand Elite ….

Regarding to Individual Membership for Property Co-Project, we did not offer this program anymore. Right now we have 3 programs consist of Individual (20-year), Family (subject to Individual), and Thailand Easy Access (5-year) Programs.

The word “property” in our meaning means condominium. Foreigners can purchase and own condominium in Thailand. Anyhow, they are unable to own land according to Thailand law."

(My colouring, bolding and underlining.)

I expected the answer to the "property" question would be "condominium" but thought I'd better clarify anyways, just in case.

So, the only TE visa programs they are offering (besides the family one) is the regular Individual Membership (20 year validity for 2 mil) and the "Easy Access" package (5 year validity for 500,000 baht).

I have no idea what kind of deal Southpoint is offering.

I just received an interesting response from Thailand Elite !

"Greetings from Thailand Elite ….

Regarding to Individual Membership for Property Co-Project, we did not offer this program anymore. Right now we have 3 programs consist of Individual (20-year), Family (subject to Individual), and Thailand Easy Access (5-year) Programs.

The word “property” in our meaning means condominium. Foreigners can purchase and own condominium in Thailand. Anyhow, they are unable to own land according to Thailand law."

(My colouring, bolding and underlining.)

I expected the answer to the "property" question would be "condominium" but thought I'd better clarify anyways, just in case.

So, the only TE visa programs they are offering (besides the family one) is the regular Individual Membership (20 year validity for 2 mil) and the "Easy Access" package (5 year validity for 500,000 baht).

I have no idea what kind of deal Southpoint is offering.

Probably the " take the money and run" deal.

I so tire of these "in my country" comparisons without any details. What are we comparing to?

here is one for you, so you get the idea...

For the same money I can buy 50 square kilometers of Dearth Valley in the USA.

See how silly this is?

Euope is a big place .. now tell us you can get the same condo on the Mediterranean, walking distance to beach ... for that .. and you have our full attention.

Sorry to break it for you, but in Spain which is on the Mediterranean, you can have a 100m² for that price smile.png

And if you know anything about property in Spain you'll know the reason why, and it's not a good reason.