83 year-old Thai mother stabs son to death

Thaivisa News

Kanchanaburi:- An 83-year-old mother stabbed her son to death in an apparent self-defense after her 53-year-old drunk son was about to beat her like in the past, police said.

Pol Col Wachira Loplert, chief of Laokwan police station in Kanchanaburi's Laokwan district, said Thursday that the incident took place shortly before 8 pm Wednesday night when his station was alerted of it.

The woman was identified as Min Namchan, who lives in Moo 4 Tambon Thunkrapao of the district, in a two-storey house with her son, Kul Namchan.

post-87022-0-00913900-1434681696_thumb.j

[Photo credit: Manager Online]

Wachira said the woman called the police station after sending her own son down with one stab on the right chest.

When police and rescuers from the Pithak Karn Foundation arrived at the scene, they found the body of Kul in black shorts without shirt lying on the first floor. The mothe was sitting nearby, waiting to testify to police.

Kul admitted to police that she was the one who stabbed her son.

She recounted that she was sleeping when she was woken up with the loud noise made by her drunk son. She said her son cried foul and carried a knife walking toward her.

She feared that her son would attack her so she grabbed one-foot-long kitchen knife beside her and stabbed him once. The knife pieced through his right chest and sent him down immediately, she said.

Wachira said police had to arrest the mother and took her to the police station for taking legal action. She might be released on bail later depending on judgment of the investigators in charge of the case, the police chief added.

• Replies 64
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Good for her! and this does seem like a very clear cut case of self defense so no prosecution should be brought.

While I'm happy she survived defending herself. 'Good for her' isn't something that should be used to describe the situation. She did after all have to kill her own son. I'm sure she's gonna feel like crap for the rest of her life.

She might be released on bail later depending on judgment of the investigators in charge of the case, the police chief added.

Spare me days! In a earlier report we have a guy, carrying a gun, out on bail for the murder of a 15 yo. Yet to consider no bail for this 83 yo just goes to show what a joke the Thai justice system is!

Good for her! and this does seem like a very clear cut case of self defense so no prosecution should be brought.

While I'm happy she survived defending herself. 'Good for her' isn't something that should be used to describe the situation. She did after all have to kill her own son. I'm sure she's gonna feel like crap for the rest of her life.

Guess you missed this from the OP:

>>after her 53-year-old drunk son was about to beat her like in the past, police said.<<

and >>she was woken up with the loud noise made by her drunk son. She said her son cried foul and carried a knife walking toward her.<<

The only thing she should feel is relief!! He will not hurt her anymore............

Well done old lady. Sadly, you have lost a son, but will now be able to rest in peace as he will no longer come home pissed up and ready to beat on you. Another one bites the dust..

Oh, and prayers all round.wai.gif

I think I'll wait for the results of the investigation before accepting the claims of a murderer, even if she is an 83yo woman.

Do you smell BS in this story halloween?rolleyes.gif

Shall we say that I prefer my self-serving statements with a little corroboration

Outright vicious murderers get out on bail all the time, but not here...

"...She might be released on bail..."

At 84 years old I'm sure she is a real menace to society. My God these police have no sense.

Edited by oneday

She might be released on bail later depending on judgment of the investigators in charge of the case, the police chief added.

Spare me days! In a earlier report we have a guy, carrying a gun, out on bail for the murder of a 15 yo. Yet to consider no bail for this 83 yo just goes to show what a joke the Thai justice system is!

Well that just depends how much she has to bribe the police. We will soon see how much cash she has.

She said her son cried foul and carried a knife walking toward her.

What does that mean?

Cried foul about what?

She feared that her son would attack her so she grabbed one-foot-long kitchen knife beside her and stabbed him once. The knife pieced through his right chest and sent him down immediately, she said.

I wonder why she sleeps with a foot long knife beside her?

Sad that it may be the case that she needs to have a weapon with her when she sleeps.

Even sadder if it was to protect herself from her own son.

I suppose he had just driven home as well which is good enough reason to kill him let alone that he beats his own mother. What kind of nasty little sh** was he that she had to sleep with a knife knowing he comes home drunk and might beat her up.

So sad for this woman to have no choice. I dont suppose for a minute she expected to end him so easily either.

I hope she can enjoy the rest of her life free of the suffering she has had to endure.

Candidate for mother of the year. I was a teacher back when and I recall some mothers telling their boys when they got in trouble "I brought you into this world, and I can take you out of it".

'.....Candidate for mother of the year...'

What an odd thing to say.

Glad you're not a cop.

A full investigation should be taken, including forensics and neighbour testimonies.

Who knows, she might be covering for someone else, or she may in fact be a murderer and her story is a fabrication.

My ex-MIL to all appearances seemed fine but was as crazy as a bedbug, to the extent of hearing voices on commercial radio telling her to do things, and slept with a machete alongside her bed, because she was afraid her separated husband would rape her. This despite her being a fitness freak, living some distance from him, and locking the house up like Fort Knox, while he was about half her weight, had one leg amputated at the knee, and was as placid as a lamb. She ended up in the funny farm after taking a dump on the floor of a dress shop because "the sluts that worked there looked at her funny."

I wouldn't sleep in the same house as her for fear of ending up like the guy in the OP, who AFAIK was going for a piss. At the moment we are hearing one side of what might be a crock.

BTW after HRT the MIL was acceptable well, as long as she took her pills.

My Wifes elder Sister has 2 sons, one a good kid in the Navy works hard, saves money and has bought my Wifes hometown land off her, the other one is a useless idle lazy bum who threatens his Mother whenever she wants to do something he doesnt like, there are too many of these little shits in Thailand and they all need this woman to take care of them, quite simply they are SCUM and why the good Thais tolerate them is beyond me.

If is highly probable that the woman is a manipulative mother who tried to control the activities of her grown son. She may have waited in fury for him to return from an activity, drinking, that she disagreed with, and despatched him when he was vulnerable. Now this may not be true. The point is that people on this site invariably react according to their own prejudice. As some more sane individuals have pointed out, a full and proper investigation should be enacted before the woman is allowed bail or the authorities decline to press charges. I actually put my faith in the Thai justice system whilst admitting that justice systems the world over all have their flaws.

If is highly probable that the woman is a manipulative mother who tried to control the activities of her grown son. She may have waited in fury for him to return from an activity, drinking, that she disagreed with, and despatched him when he was vulnerable. Now this may not be true. The point is that people on this site invariably react according to their own prejudice. As some more sane individuals have pointed out, a full and proper investigation should be enacted before the woman is allowed bail or the authorities decline to press charges. I actually put my faith in the Thai justice system whilst admitting that justice systems the world over all have their flaws.

"An 83-year-old mother stabbed her son to death in an apparent self-defense after her 53-year-old drunk son was about to beat her like in the past, police said."

You wrote:-

"If is highly probable that the woman is a manipulative mother who tried to control the activities of her grown son. She may have waited in fury for him to return from an activity, drinking, that she disagreed with, and despatched him when he was vulnerable. Now this may not be true."

I agree, it may not be true.

The fact is that the son had a track record of abusing his mother physically. This time she defended herself and he is no longer a threat. At 83 years of age she deserves a lot of sympathy and is apparently receiving it.

I have yet to read an RIP for the parasite of a son she bore and dispatched.

I hope the rest of her life is lived peacefully.

Edited by ratcatcher