Khao Yai National Park

Morning mates

Any recommendation for a good resort for family and great views ?

I'm into bird watching no one in the family is of course they just want a chill place to relax

I saw Sala Khao Yai and its 30k baht a night so no thanks :) don't need luxury but the family won't rough it out either in tents

What's the best time to visit ? Winter season?

Can't help with hotel recommendations, but a musician friend of mine just sent a farewell message saying the season is over in Khao Yai. He spends about 6 months a year there. Just left this week. Maybe too much rain?

We usually stay at Balios which is a decent place.

Last time we were there in May we spotted this one up near the park entrance which we'll try next time

http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Hotel_Review-g641719-d1913875-Reviews-Hotel_Des_Artists-Pak_Chong_Nakhon_Ratchasima_Province.html

Visiting anytime is good...winter time though looks very dry and less appealing.

I love Khao Yai, especially the parts away from all the noisy campers and high speed drivers. I recommend La Purinee Khao Yai, far enough away to be away from the noise, close enough to enjoy the park and local food etc.

This polace is situated up on a hill and has good views. any time of year is good, its cooler up at Khao Yai

last time I went I saw elephants, crocs, loads of birds, can even stay in a high shelter to see night life, but the main thing is run by muppets, drive about 50 trucks with high power lights shining everywhere scaring off animals, but if you are away from them ones, its great

Im Suk Resort Wang Nam Khiao Changwat Nakhon Ratchasima Thailand, Google Maps 14.386323, 101.803263

With nice restaurant, bungalows and five minutes from Forestry station Khao Peng Ma(Protected forest connected to Khao Yai) where you can spot Kating ( Red bull )and 15 minutes from a ranger station in Taplan National Park,

Very reasonable pricing.

Can't help you with a resort recommendation as when we visit, usually several times a year, we camp. I know there are many resorts located outside the main gate. The best time for us is the winter months between November and February when their will be cool/cold nights and no rain. During the rainy season (now) the trails can get pretty messy and lots of those annoying leeches about. If you're interested in staying inside the park, but not camping, there are many cabins available for rent. Go to the National Park website for rental details. The park gets very busy on the weekends so if you want to miss the crowds try to visit during the week.

Archived