Two motorcyclists rob money truck of Kasikorn Bank, make off with Bt8 million

Lite Beer

Two motorcyclists rob money truck of Kasikorn Bank, make off with Bt8 million
The Nation

BANGKOK: -- Two robbers on a motorcycle robbed a money truck of the Kasikorn Bank at the Tesco Lotus Rama I branch Friday evening and made off with Bt8.45 million in cash, police said.

The robbery took place at about 6 pm while security officers of the truck were carrying money bags from the truck into the Kasikorn branch.

They handcuffed a security officer of the truck and took a money bag with the cash and fled on their motorcycle.

Source: http://www.nationmultimedia.com/breakingnews/Two-motorcyclists-rob-money-truck-of-Kasikorn-Bank-30262740.html

nationlogo.jpg
-- The Nation 2015-06-19

Very clever Police work. Why do hey tell the amount of money?????????????????????????

So the next ones have some goal?

n the civilized world they never do this. Very good police work.!!! Number one in the world!!!

was in Mexico years ago, when those boys are carrying the cash they have weapons drawn and fingers n the trigger. Here it would be like taking candy from a baby. I am surprised it doesn't happen more too.

Although with the police losing a lot of their tea money I expect this and kidnappings to increase.

Surely there must be a limit as too how much is in a bag. When I was young I worked for Securicor for a while and the limit was 10,000 Pounds per bag. You could only carry 1 bag at a time. I got caught by an inspector carrying 10 bags at a place where we had to deliver over 30 bags and had a 5 minute walk. We both got dismissed !! Didnt care. Went on to much better things.

Security for money transport has been and always will be a problem unless you have 10 armed guards. Not a legal or feasible idea.

Lack of commitment? Intelligence lapse? System weakness? or all of them? One is not sure whether the handcuffed Security Officer is part of the game? One is not sure whether such criminals are booked ever?

inside job ?

No - probably out for an evening ride and just came around the corner and realised they had a golden opportunity to get some cash to buy a new pick up and one of them gigantic televisions. And it was just their good kharma they had some guns with them. It was all pre-ordained by higher forces.

The other day i was watching how Thai refill an ATM in a mall. It's just a guy without any weapons or guards who's doing that in public. Now try that in Europe this way.

Also i always wonder what those security guys in a bank can do without any weapons or muscles.

Being a bankrobber in Thailand must be pretty dangerous though, i guess anybody is allowed to stop the robbers without consequenses. And there are more guns on the streets then we think.