$100m banknotes found in Supachai's safes are fake

Lite Beer

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely.

Nope, not bad writing.

The clown actually thought this would work.

14347038591434704047l.jpg

http://www.matichon.co.th/news_detail.php?newsid=1434703859

But they look so real !

laugh.png

Come off it - that's "money" that they burn (for good luck) at Chinese New Year...

yes, and at funerals. Hell Bank Notes. Hell Money.

Edited by alocacoc

That safe must have been the mother of all safes, bigger than any bank in the country to

be able to contain $100 million as well as other stuff .... and where pray tell, one gets

$100 million of fake notes and no one is the wiser? something in this story stinks to high

havens....

$100 million dollars.

attachicon.gifone hundred million dollars.jpg

Bum, I knew I should have carried on reading the thread instead of grabbing a pencil to work it out.

Just in 100 Dollar bills, you fit that sum on one standard pallet.

This is so bizzare. If the Matichon pix is correct, then I wonder at the mentality of the investigators. It's Monopoly money - nothing more, nothing less. No need to take it to the US Embassy (OK, sure, legal technicalities need to be observed).

Building S's credibility? For what purpose could he achieve credibility with clearly fake kiddie's play money? When it's so clearly fake, why did he put it in a safe? And why did the DSI regard this issue as a serious one - while the rest of us are laughing - and have to take the approach they did, including getting the US Embassy to check the notes and calling a press conference to announce the findings?

Did anybody choke to death from laughing at the U.S. Embassy when these clowns showed up and asked them to check the Monopoly Money?

For not losing face, they should have consulted the apprentice at the next Chinese gold shop, or an Indian money changer.

Do Something Idiotic?

Monopoly-Money.jpg

Try to pay a taxi driver from Swampy to town with these. We will look out for your corpse along the road side...

Maybe it is an regulation to check with the embassy so it is accepted as proof at court.

It can't be that Inspector Somchai declares that these USD are fake even he is not trained to know it. In this case it might be obvious but in the next case it might not be, so there is this regulation.

Heck everyone knows that the US$100 Million note has an eagle not an tiger on the front side tongue.png

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely.

Nope, not bad writing.

But they look so real !

laugh.png

The Numbnuts was to stupid to understand that ALL US paper currency has pictures of DEAD PRESIDENTS printed on one side, and NOT some Chinese looking Tiger.

You're half right. Ben Franklin is dead, but he was not a president.

TRUE! I stand corrected. lol

Nope, not bad writing.

But they look so real !

laugh.png

Wait till the Weimar republic returns you will need these and more to buy a loaf of bread. You will more than likely have your wheelbarrow stolen that you will need to transport them to the bakery shop.

Edited by elgordo38

News just in.

They have found and opened another of his safes. and found the below.

They have taken the money to Parker Brothers to confirm they are not real as well.

The nerve of this guy to think he could get away with it astounds me.

If anyone sees this currency floating around Nana plaza in girls bikini's report it to the police straight away.

post-140765-0-29192600-1434779145_thumb.

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely. But you never know, TIT right?

Anyhow, no mention of a counterfeiting charge. The Nations finest journalists are never tripped up by that kind of detail. The real story for them is how he was falsely building credibility, a face issue.

You'd think so...so would I...but they said, " US Embassy staff had verified that the notes were not a currency unit. "

It's so bizarre...who, in social/financial circles that would deal in tens of millions of baht believe in a 100M dollar note?

Mr. Gullible Clueless would.

"Mr. Gullible Clueless would."

Blinded by greed

Got to be just bad writing. One hundred million in fake USD notes is more likely. But you never know, TIT right?

Anyhow, no mention of a counterfeiting charge. The Nations finest journalists are never tripped up by that kind of detail. The real story for them is how he was falsely building credibility, a face issue.

You'd think so...so would I...but they said, " US Embassy staff had verified that the notes were not a currency unit. "

It's so bizarre...who, in social/financial circles that would deal in tens of millions of baht believe in a 100M dollar note?

Mr. Gullible Clueless would.

One of these notes would be worth 3 300 000 000 baht. Over 3 Billion baht.

Nobody with that much money or assets would credit it for a second.

blink.png Would they???? I despair for the country if that is the case.

It's beyond credibility.....so these MUST be joke notes. HAVE to be. Nobody is that stupid.

"Here's 3 billion....can you change it, please?

But then...why keep them in a safe?

C'mon!!! it has to be a joke....they're for burning on a Chinese lucky day.

Has to be.

Doesn't it?

I REALLY can't decide....but I'm tending towards it's a joke.

These kinds of fake bills are widely available to purchase online, from Amazon and Ebay for example:

One example here with multiple links to other products on the page: http://www.amazon.com/Set-100-Million-Dollar-Bills/dp/B00B50PJVE

I think the US Embassy had a good laugh when they came ask them the authenticity of those...

As well you can purchase "fake" gold ingots (which are actually gold plated iron bars) for a few $, I wanted my GF to carry one in her handbag for the next time a motorcycle steals it form her (happened twice...), hoping the guy get caught trying to sell it back to a gold shop ;-) She said it's a wrong idea and feared it would lead to her being killed for trying to cheat on the thief...

This is so bizzare. If the Matichon pix is correct, then I wonder at the mentality of the investigators. It's Monopoly money - nothing more, nothing less. No need to take it to the US Embassy (OK, sure, legal technicalities need to be observed).

That's what I thought too... The supposedly intelligent DSI had to get the U.S. Embassy to confirm for them that the U.S.A. doesn't have 100 million dollar denomination bills???

Well, since the USA doesn't have 10 million, or 1 million, or even 100,000 dollar denomination bills, I think it's pretty safe to assume we don't have 100 million dollar bills.

I didn't even know this as an American, but according to Wiki, the largest current denomination of U.S. currency is only $100, though there were larger denominations in the past, since discontinued.

Series 1934 Gold certificates ($100, $1,000, $10,000, and $100,000) were issued after the gold standard was repealed and gold was compulsorily confiscated by order of President Franklin Roosevelt on March 9, 1933 (see United States Executive Order 6102). Thus the Series 1934 notes were used only for intra-government (i.e., Federal Reserve Bank) transactions and not issued to the public. This series was discontinued in 1940. The Series 1928 Gold certificate reverse was printed in black and green. See History of the United States dollar.

Although they are still technically legal tender in the United States, high-denomination bills were last printed on December 27, 1945, and officially discontinued on July 14, 1969, by the Federal Reserve System.[9] The $5,000 and $10,000 effectively disappeared well before then.[nb 1]

The Federal Reserve began taking high-denomination bills out of circulation in 1969, after an executive order by President Nixon (rather than actual legislation passed by Congress).

As of May 30, 2009, only 336 $10,000 bills were known to exist; 342 remaining $5,000 bills; and 165,372 remaining $1,000 bills.[10] Due to their rarity, collectors will pay considerably more than the face value of the bills to acquire them. Some are even in other parts of the world in museums.

However, the US Treasury had several years ago considered minting a one trillion dollar coin.

The fact that any person with half a wit would actually invest money in these kinds of ridiculous scams is what amazes me... really!!!

I can't decide which is more true here: either the level of financial literacy here is extremely low, and/or, the level of personal greed is blindlingly high.

Simply amazing....

Modern economies don't have large denomination bank notes because you do large financial transactions through bank transfers. Only dodgy third world countries would do large transactions in cash, and these would most likely be illegal activities. Thus the US would not have large denomination bank notes and as pointed out a quick Google search would tell you the large US dollar bill available! Thus why the need to ask the US embassy?

Nope, not bad writing.

But they look so real !

laugh.png

The Numbnuts was to stupid to understand that ALL US paper currency has pictures of DEAD PRESIDENTS printed on one side, and NOT some Chinese looking Tiger.

Can I just point out that the Tiger is not on any of the notes----- It's on a band holding each bundle together------ now who's a "numbnut"

Nope, not bad writing.

But they look so real !

laugh.png

Can I just point out that the Tiger is not on any of the notes----- It's on a band holding each bundle together------ now who's a "numbnut"

I think the numbnut is going to be you, considering there is a tiger on the notes, just under the band that also has a tiger on it. If you look close you will see it, dead center in the middle of the bills.

I think the numbnut is going to be you, considering there is a tiger on the notes, just under the band that also has a tiger on it. If you look close you will see it, dead center in the middle of the bills.

would you get in a plane with someone called "biplanebluey" if they couldnt see the big tiger in the middle of the notes or may its a putty cat.... cheesy.gif

"The fake notes are believed to have been created with the intention of building up the credibility of Supachai, who is now a fraud suspect after his alleged embezzlement of a funds from the cooperative."

Isn't there a farang saying, something about fools & their money, which perhaps applies in this case ? whistling.gif