Where is better to swim in rainy season?

leverito

If you want clean beaches and water then swim in Australia. Ha ha.

The islands off Krabi are about the best you can do.

The only reasonable mainland beaches I have found are secluded and south of Trat.

Look at what is on the road and all that filth gets flushed into the sea when it rains plus there is no sewerage treatment and s##t flows downhill eventually finding it's way to the sea so the built up areas are the most contaminated.

A true shame.......

there is an island called ko kraden, its stunning. around 60 miles south of phuket. it runs north south and the whole eastern side has the most beautiful beach with stunning dark green/blue water like the med. its the only island in this region with the beach on the eastern side. this time of year all the bad weather comes from the west. there is a fantastic 13m drop off reef on the southern end which is great for snorkling. nice beach there as well. there are only 7 resorts, most of them on the eastern beach. there is one in the middle called lost paradise, not to expensive, great food.fly into trat bus it to pak meng then long tale. it is very quiet, no night life.

When it really starts raining the beaches and ocean cough up all the plastic and other garbage.

disgusting.

Wow, we went on cruise to the Bahamas during Christmas. There was garbage floating in the Atlantic, could have been small countries.

I'm maybe a half a step above an idiot and can come up with better ways.

there is an island called ko kraden, its stunning. around 60 miles south of phuket. it runs north south and the whole eastern side has the most beautiful beach with stunning dark green/blue water like the med. its the only island in this region with the beach on the eastern side. this time of year all the bad weather comes from the west. there is a fantastic 13m drop off reef on the southern end which is great for snorkling. nice beach there as well. there are only 7 resorts, most of them on the eastern beach. there is one in the middle called lost paradise, not to expensive, great food.fly into trat bus it to pak meng then long tale. it is very quiet, no night life.

Ko Kradan is in Trang province, in the andaman sea, so they have monsun season now. Surely a nice island, but at this time of the year the islands of Trat province would be better for swimming.

swissbie (swiss frog my guess) you obviuosly have not been to kraden but you know all about the place ! you cant read either, in my comment i wrote this:

its the only island in this region with the beach on the eastern side. this time of year all the bad weather comes from the west.

i have been there many times during monsoons and you can still swim on this beach during a monsoon.

stick to commenting on topics when you have actually been there and done