Wireless Internet

pazza

Hi Guys,

I want to take my laptop and hook up to the internet, the village has no landlines (not that i know of) i believe it is possible (with a card of some description) can some one tell me what little doo hickey do i buy, is it expensive to buy and is it expencive to run. Oh and where could i purchase this little miracle (near nana plaza).

thanks guys

Steve :o

My village also has no phone lines, you dont say where you are but here in Pattaya I purchased a gprs modem for 8000 baht and get a top card for 500 baht every month that gives me 400 hours online this is done via your mobile phone, more than enough for my needs. If you want information on where to purchase send me a message as I dont want to be seen to be advertising for someone else's company!

Edited by JohnC

Take your phone to a mobile shop and ask them if it has GPRS modem built in (most do). You can subscribe to a GPRS service from most companies these days for absolutely peanuts (I pay 200 baht for 40 hours a month, I think there are packages starting from about 30 baht).