Gold in Thailand as an Investment

Gold was $300 in 1982,I know because I bought 20 1oz maple leafs and sold a few years ago for $1700 an oz. sounds good 6x my money -wrong. NeverSure is right on. Any good blue chip would have returned 10x-100x plus dividend. Gold is like the piece of ice you put on your wife's finger. They call it ice because it's frozen and just sit there earning 0

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

20July2015: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/gold/628328/gold-prices-down-b350-to-b18100

What could be the impact of this: http://www.bangkokpost.com/business/finance/627724/spot-gold-market-stuck-in-tug-of-war

Quote:

"A physical gold exchange is crucial for the SET to achieve its goal of becoming the leading exchange in Southeast Asia, as the Asean market is expected to integrate at the end of this year. Such a bourse is also expected to help lift the trading volume of local gold dealers after they reported a decline in line with the precious metal's price slump and the launch of the Singapore Exchange's spot gold market."

http://www.armstrongeconomics.com/archives/35128

As long as there are people who still believe that the gold market is uniquely manipulated rather than simply in sync with the world economy, then the sad truth remains that we have not yet seen the bottom of the slide in gold prices just yet. Gold’s weakness led to a brutal sell-off among the world’s top gold miners and our Energy Models warn we areSTILL not yet in an oversold position.

Go to Infomine.com (a great resource) and you'll see a slide in almost all of the commodities. If they go back to their pre-2005 levels, there will be a lot of sad people.

(Edit: It was a good run while it lasted, and I'm sure a lot of folks got filthy rich on the ride)

post-138814-0-08081000-1437370981_thumb.

Gold mainly has value thanks to its scarcity. If it still holds value in the next 50 years, we may see robotic astroid mining and that is the end of it.

I saw something the other day about a huge astroid passing the earth with estimated 3 trillion dollars worth of precious metals on it. I am sure one day there will be robotic flights going out mining these things but it will be a long long time before it is cheap enough to be feasible. Thats just my guess.

Gold mainly has value thanks to its scarcity. If it still holds value in the next 50 years, we may see robotic astroid mining and that is the end of it.

I saw something the other day about a huge astroid passing the earth with estimated 3 trillion dollars worth of precious metals on it. I am sure one day there will be robotic flights going out mining these things but it will be a long long time before it is cheap enough to be feasible. Thats just my guess.

There are also trillions of dollars of precious metals dissolved in seawater. I'd bet we figure out how to extract those before we can (safely) mine an asteroid. (But I have to admit that mining an asteroid is way cooler)

I'm hearing we're also close to being able to extract hydrocarbons from the air to displace fossil fuels. But every time they get close, fossil fuel prices take a dumper and the technology gets pushed further and further out.

Most gold i had was sold 1300-1400, while some sold at 1220 and some on the way up at 1080ish....

so i am not emotional now with gold near 1100.

i think 1000 before 1300. or below

maybe back above 1220 i would wonder about short term longs..

as they say , "it's easier to go down......so let it."

Archived