Gay/Friendly Hotel in Hanoi?

pauleddy

Meeting my Viet BF next week in Hanoi. He has given me about 30 hotels to choose from, most not gay. Now, I'm confused.

I have looked at Utopia and other gay sites as well as Agoda and the other regular places. Very few actual "gay" hotels or gay anything in HN.

I would love to stay at the Met, but it's 300USD a night. However, I can afford somewhere in the upper mid-range or 4-star.

Any suggestions welcomed (Large soft bed, quiet, and no mouldy bathrooms preferred).

Eddy

I would say that all international chains will be welcoming you. I don't think that you have to worry too much about that (even though admittedly HCMC is a lot more liberal and openminded than Hanoi).

Try Lotte, Nikko, Daewoo (all Japanese/Korean chains) Sofitel or Pullman (both part of ACCOR), Somerset residences (a bargain at the moment), Intercontinental, Hilton and Sheraton (both for less than 100$ a night on weekend days) Melia (Spanish), Moevenpick (Swiss) - PLENTY to choose from. Pullman as well goes for less than 100$ a night plus Tax on weekend days.

If you want something more "Boutique"-style, try Hotel de l'opera (MGALLERY Hotels, part of ACCOR). Great location too, weekend rates can be as low as 108$ plus Tax plus BF (which in that case means breakfast, not boyfriend ^^)

Edited by siam2007

• 1 month later...

Although this topic is old, I want to add something, might be useful for the next one.

I've travelled with my Thai boyfriend in Vietnam for two weeks in different cheap 2 star hotels and we never had any problems. Everyone was friendly, same goes for Thailand. You don't have to worry in my opinion.

• 4 weeks later...

Late I know for your trip. My Thai boyfriend and I stayed in the old Hanoi district at the Elegance Ruby Hotel Boutique. It was luxurious, inexpensive, covered breakfast with Wifi. The rooms were small but adequate. Bathrooms were clean and modern. My cost was $50 a night.

• 4 weeks later...