MOBILE REGISTRATION

mercman24

just shot down to the 7/11 to get 100 baht top up and my phone says, "this phone is not registered" (i know its not) and would not accept my credit. very annoying,, the gumpf said i have until the 31 July. to do this, so its off to Big C or tesco i suppose tomorrow.

why didn't you register it there and then ?...you can do it at 7/11, on the 31st of July if one hasn't registered they will block outgoing calls on non registered phones, so strictly speaking this isn't the dead line

given you can register at 7/11, and you didn't guess that's why they wouldn't give you the credit

what the hell are you on about smokie, i did ask but they thought i came from mars, and you have to have your passport with you. which as you know those of us that LIVE here know better

Those of us that live here mostly have registered sim cards already cos we know the score.

Do keep up! ;)

i think you have mis understood i got the 16 digit number ok but my phone would not accept it, it came up with the message this device is not registered he he when i put my hand up to my ear to make a phone gesture they thought i wanted razor blades,, bless them !! somehow i dont think my 7/11 is geared up for this. lol

i think you have mis understood i got the 16 digit number ok but my phone would not accept it, it came up with the message this device is not registered he he when i put my hand up to my ear to make a phone gesture they thought i wanted razor blades,, bless them !! somehow i dont think my 7/11 is geared up for this. lol

Lol I hear ya....get down to the shop pronto....even there it will be fun.

I got mine registered by my gf....much much easier.

oops sorry AIS

I find your post interesting as it is another proof, that this time they mean it serious.

There are still TV member who bet otherwise whistling.gif

If people can not topup from now, this will put big pressure on the registration.

A big warning shot.

Assuming you haven't just mistyped tongue.png

Edited by KhunBENQ

what the hell are you on about smokie, i did ask but they thought i came from mars, and you have to have your passport with you. which as you know those of us that LIVE here know better

Those of us that live here mostly have registered sim cards already cos we know the score.

Do keep up! wink.png

And most of us have accounts pay monthly and the provider has already registered the phone so we don't need to go to 7/11 for a THB 100 top up either...thumbsup.gif

wow 450 baht a month i dont spend that in 6 months i only use line, yeah dont want to look like a noob spending 450 a month do i ;lol pease keep up

No need sitting in the free wifi zone.

I knew I smelled digital pikery here....

Heard about this 2 days ago, registered my D-TAC sim yesterday, free of charge. You'll need ID (passport or Thai ID card).

I consider this another breach in privacy. Now the government can spy on you, monitor your calls, and if you have a smartphone, know exactly where you are/were at a given time.

Please enlighten my TVF members, what is the exact excuse reason the government has stated for implementing this system? Is it the protect us from Al Qaeda excuse again?

Do keep up! wink.png

And most of us have accounts pay monthly and the provider has already registered the phone so we don't need to go to 7/11 for a THB 100 top up either...thumbsup.gif

"...most of us" - oh really...............depends who you are defining as "us" I suppose, but to me it sounds like you are being a bit up yourself........smile.png

Heard about this 2 days ago, registered my D-TAC sim yesterday, free of charge. You'll need ID (passport or Thai ID card).

I consider this another breach in privacy. Now the government can spy on you, monitor your calls, and if you have a smartphone, know exactly where you are/were at a given time.

Please enlighten my TVF members, what is the exact excuse reason the government has stated for implementing this system? Is it the protect us from Al Qaeda excuse again?

You can also use your Thai driving lisence if you have one .

To Sniffdog: "it's not that easy to get a postpaid plan, as you will need a work permit."

FYI, not so, I'm on a Retirement extension, no Work Permit, and no problem getting a postpaid plan at the AIS outlet at Future Park.

Re the registration for Pre-Paid SIMS, a friend sent this:

"To check the status of your mobile phone, just call *151# and you will get an SMS message back on the status of your phone's SIM card registration. This code is universal inside Thailand, i.e., works no matter which carrier you are using -- True, AIS, or DTAC."
Happily, I guess, Post-Paid SIMs are registered when you get it. I switched over 2-3 years back from the Pre-Paids, kept the same tel #s.
Then I checked the *151# number and got this on the screen:
“Your number is postpaid and does not need SIM card registration (only prepaid customers are required). Thank you.”
Mac

whats this about "sitting in "free wi-fi areas" i have paid wi-fi in my condo thanks you assume to much, you do not even know me keyboard warrior, and with 20, 900 post you need to get out a bit more mate enjoy life , it is passing you by, and i bet you will just have to have the last word on this, wow poor hen pecked g/f lol !! go on, pleeese, that will help you to get to 30,000 and to all the intelligent replies i say thank you for that, i will post no more on this matter

whats this about "sitting in "free wi-fi areas" i have paid wi-fi in my condo thanks you assume to much, you do not even know me keyboard warrior, and with 20, 900 post you need to get out a bit more mate enjoy life , it is passing you by, and i bet you will just have to have the last word on this, wow poor hen pecked g/f lol !! go on, pleeese, that will help you to get to 30,000 and to all the intelligent replies i say thank you for that, i will post no more on this matter

Well its clear its not costing you 450 Baht every six months then genius.

Have a wonderful day. :D

Is it the SIM card that is registered, or the 'phone number?

A few years ago, under the Thaksin regime if I recall correctly, there was a programme to register all mobile 'phones to stop insurgents in the south using them to blow up other people in the south. I registered, but a few days before the deadline was due to go into effect the regime backed down and decided it was OK for Moslem terrorists to continue to use mobile 'phones to trigger bombs to blow up Buddhists (and others).

My physical SIM card has changed since then, but my 'phone number hasn't.

Do I need to register again?

A few years ago, under the Thaksin regime if I recall correctly, there was a programme to register all mobile 'phones to stop insurgents in the south using them to blow up other people in the south. I registered, but a few days before the deadline was due to go into effect the regime backed down and decided it was OK for Moslem terrorists to continue to use mobile 'phones to trigger bombs to blow up Buddhists (and others).

Technically it's probably the 'Mobile Billing Account' that gets registered, as the phone number and SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) Card are tied to that. When registering, a USSD code it dialed using the phone and the returned response info is recorded and filed.

Are you registered? Have you tried dialing * 151 # SEND and reading the response?

Technically it's probably the 'Mobile Billing Account' that gets registered, as the phone number and SIM (Subscriber Identity Module) Card are tied to that. When registering, a USSD code it dialed using the phone and the returned response info is recorded and filed.

Are you registered? Have you tried dialing * 151 # SEND and reading the response?

Never heard of that code. Is it *151# with no spaces, then hitting the "call" button*?

Doing so from my 'phone produces an AIS error message.

*Searching Google for *151# leads me to believe it's a code for a strong version of Barcardi rum. That can't be right.