How far from Don Mueang Airport to public bus stop?

nabbie

From the arrivals hall at DM follow the sign which says BUS. You enter the doorway and it's the bridge across the other side which lead to DM train station. Depending on which way you are travelling on bus 29, to Rangsit or to hua lamphong train station.

The walk from arrivals is less than 2m

Walk right out of the terminal at street level, you will be following the road against the traffic to the exit from the airport area. The bus stop is a little to the left after you reach the main road. Five minutes walk maximum.

Exit the terminal doors .. turn left and keep walking ... walk down the terminal road heading into Bangkok .. you will pass the old terminal building then you come to the highway entrance for taxis coming in and leaving .. just walk down the footpath along the highway 5 min and your at the first bus stop.

Total time walking approx 10 min. Distance 300-400 mtrs

Simple & easiest ....

Exit the terminal doors .. turn left and keep walking ... walk down the terminal road heading into Bangkok .. you will pass the old terminal building then you come to the highway entrance for taxis coming in and leaving .. just walk down the footpath along the highway 5 min and your at the first bus stop.

Total time walking approx 10 min. Distance 300-400 mtrs

I find your comments very helpful especially my two children accompanying me. Thanks lots. So I shall take that we will exit at the arrival area and then possibly watch out for bus sign. Then turn left & keep walking to pass the old terminal and to reach the highway road. Then turn left & watch out for bus stop. We aim for Phahon Yothin MRT near Chatuchuk park. I believe there must be other buses alternative to bus 29. Perhaps bus 510? Aircon would be good thumbsup.gif

Better still ....................take lift to level 1 This lift also links to a hotel on other side of highway ( I forget the hotel name). Exit lift and you will be on the level of the pedestrian overpass from airport to railway station. this bridge links you to BOTH sides of the main road ( so it depends which direction you need to go ).

A ramp leads down to the road .......bus stops are approx 30 meters along road.

You need to keep an eagle eye out for the bus you want as they do tend to fly along this stretch of road.

yes ... the direction you followed are correct ...

If memory serves me correct .. Phahon Yothin is not to far .... you travel down the hwy for 10-15 klms them right turn under the overhead freeway and it's down a few klms on the left.

A taxi will cost about 100 baht for everyone if you grab one on the highway at that bus stop....

for me I would get a taxi .... just hail one there ..

but if you really want the bus then ok ....

yes ... the direction you followed are correct ...

If memory serves me correct .. Phahon Yothin is not to far .... you travel down the hwy for 10-15 klms them right turn under the overhead freeway and it's down a few klms on the left.

A taxi will cost about 100 baht for everyone if you grab one on the highway at that bus stop....

for me I would get a taxi .... just hail one there ..

but if you really want the bus then ok ....

Will grab taxi only if raining! Is klms equivalent to km?

There is a shuttle bus from Don Mueang to a MRT station close to Chatujak (forgot the name). It leaves from just outside the terminal doors. 30Baht/pers. I don't know if children are free. It's all on the web.

There is a shuttle bus from Don Mueang to a MRT station close to Chatujak (forgot the name). It leaves from just outside the terminal doors. 30Baht/pers. I don't know if children are free. It's all on the web.

I think the shuttle must be called A1. If I can spot it, we might try that. Thanks. thumbsup.gif

The shuttle bus stops outside the terminal doors there is also an attenndant with a small counter inside the doors so it easy to find only problem with children you need to get a quickly the buses fill up and a lot of people stand for the trip. It stops at mo chit Bts takes about 20 minutes leaves every 30 mins I think

Archived