Video Avatar

crockett

Thanks tywais :o but I am not 100% sure we are talking the same thing.

What I am looking for is something to create an avatar out of a video file (avi. or mpg.)

I have found something here - http://www.geovid.com/Video_Avatar/ - but this is Shareware

and they ask you to fork out 40$ for it.

crockett

Yep, misunderstood. Would be interesting to see what you find. I'll look around on my computer cause I know there are some programs that I have then can extract frames from a video in raster format such as bmp, gif. They can then be put together as an animated gif with software like I showed before.

Just ran a quick test and found I can do it this way, though will require a little effort. I used TMPGenc, which is freeware AVI/MPEG converter to read the video in. It has an option then to output to file in bmp/jpg/ppm/tga format. This means it saves each frame as an image file. Then I imported it (jpg) files) into Adobe ImageReady as frames from folder. Resized the image to 100x100 and saved as an animated gif file. Worked fine. Instead of ImageReady (expensive), you can use the free download software I mentioned before.

Now the problem. The size is going to be large even after resizing. You will need to probably cut frames out, not enough to effect the animation or resize it smaller, like 90x90. Also color optimizing, that is reduce the color count to make it smaller but still realistic.

TMPGenc Website

Just ran a quick test and found I can do it this way, though will require a little effort. I used TMPGenc, which is freeware AVI/MPEG converter to read the video in. It has an option then to output to file in bmp/jpg/ppm/tga format. This means it saves each frame as an image file. Then I imported it (jpg) files) into Adobe ImageReady as frames from folder. Resized the image to 100x100 and saved as an animated gif file. Worked fine. Instead of ImageReady (expensive), you can use the free download software I mentioned before.

Now the problem. The size is going to be large even after resizing. You will need to probably cut frames out, not enough to effect the animation or resize it smaller, like 90x90. Also color optimizing, that is reduce the color count to make it smaller but still realistic.

TMPGenc Website

Thanks tywais,

I will give that a try :o

• 3 months later...

Hi people!

I found recently video_avatar at geovid. Nice tool but it costs. :D

All in all I use it coz it's very simple to me. Even child understend how it works I think :o. Ok I heard about another progs and methods but unfortunately it's not for me...

One ways are too difficult another too expensive..

So now I think I made a good choice. Price and quality is perfect for me. And all I can add to my words that geovid has great tech support. They help me every time I need. That's cool!

Ok good luck to all! :D

tosterlz6.gif