s3 antminer fix with cable

professor21

yes it has a special USB to serial chip to connect to the antminer controller board and do firmware flash reset. I tried a manual reset with the button in the front but it didn't work.

I'm not sure if this was a good investment, I didn't really have the money and it feels like the bitcoin price is going to drop? it has gone down a lot in the last year...

• 2 months later...

so I looked at solar power, but the prices are really high for those and even with that the price is too high to make any profit on bitcoins because you have a limited time window before the difficulty increases with the ASIC miners out there- every 2 weeks the network calculates the solving time for blocks. I think I was just robbed by the IT guy who sold the 2 s3+'s and lied to me about their profitability.

so I looked at solar power, but the prices are really high for those and even with that the price is too high to make any profit on bitcoins because you have a limited time window before the difficulty increases with the ASIC miners out there- every 2 weeks the network calculates the solving time for blocks. I think I was just robbed by the IT guy who sold the 2 s3+'s and lied to me about their profitability.

Archived