Flying To U.k. After Living In Bkk

Eastender

Yes, will be flying home after living here for some time, and may not be coming back here. So as you can imagine I want to take a lot of stuff home.

Am looking for tips on how to maximise my luguage allowance.

For example;

Am I right in thinking most airlines will allow passengers to take a suit (in a bag), and a briefcase on as hand luguage, as well as an additional hand luguage bag?

I could sneak extra shirts/trousers into the suit bag and put heavy gear in the briefcase.

If I turn up with my hold luguage over the weight allowance and smile nicely are they likely to let it go?

Any other tips on maximising my luguage home?

O.K. I'll warn you so you don't get on the same flight if you're afraid it won't take off.

Thanks.

Check with the airline your flying with if they give you an extra allowance for sports equiptment. They usually allow an extra 10kg for golf clubs etc. I brought one club ( a putter for hubby) on Emirates LGW-BKK but wrapped it in a load of clothes then wrapped in it bin liners & selotape & told them it was golf clubs, they then let it through as sports equiptment. :D Also hiding extra hand luggage at the luggage storeroom while you check in is another sneaky way to get away with more. :D But be prepared to have to lug it around before check-in & during any stop overs, can be painful :o