Thai Immigration nabs six foreign fugitives

webfact

Immigration wants a criminal record check for anyone applying for an O-A visa. Maybe they should extend that courtesy to all applicants. Maybe even the visa-on-arrival quality tourists should also be asked to produce the evidence that they are "clean".

They don't want to make the visa application too difficult, it might scare away tourists. OTOH Cambodia has on-line visa application, just too easy, which allows them to do on-line checks without inconveniencing the applicant. Talk about a great leap forward.

BTW Cambo visa you print out 2 copies and staple in your passport - no wasting of a page.

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do Thai police women, (if there are any) never make arrests? I have never seen any on the numerous photos of dozens of policemen posing with one suspect!

Women are generally more intelligent than men, haven't you noticed ;)

They understand how ridiculous these staged appearances look, and would probably rather not be a part of it.

For crimes not commited in Thailand , there should not have been arrests.

Thailand is wrong in arresting and extraditing people for interpol , or whatever foreign government or law agency.

Natallia on the right , is obviously innocent.

For crimes not commited in Thailand , there should not have been arrests.

Thailand is wrong in arresting and extraditing people for interpol , or whatever foreign government or law agency.

Natallia on the right , is obviously innocent.

And why is that ? So they can carry on ripping off people like us and give the Expat community a even more bad name. There is some of us who's fed up with these criminal card skimmers and fraudsters. This is all they know and will continue this in Thailand.....with mostly Expats and Tourist being their victims

Thailand is soooo funny. So here’s my question. How did they “nab” all of these people at once?

And for god’s sakes how were they all wearing the same damn t shirts?
What does it say in Thai “I am an a%*hole” or something?

Big T shirt sale planned on Beach Rd at Soi 9. I WANT ONE! Who do you have to rob around here to get one?

It never ceases to amaze me how negative many people, I imagine mainly farang, who post on TV are. They Police made some arrests and still you bag the crap out of them.

I suggest as I always do that if you feel that disiiiusioned with situations change the situation. Airports are great for that.

Personally I think it is a good thing. Maybe I haven't been here to have the "I hate Thailand" factor sink in yet.

Cheers

Wonder what happend in the case where the irish (?) man and his children was defrauded 65,000,000 B by Crooked thai lawyers, officials and RTP ... oh forgot the crimminals are not foreigner so its really not a crime is it .... blink.png

If you get a via in Thailand and have to do 30 day reporting etc. Where are the checks with Interpol etc etc before issuing a visa? Shouldn't that be on the top of the priorities when granting visas.

Its notable that Thailand does not ask about criminal record when you apply for a visa or enter the country. Perhaps they should include the question "are you a fugitive or international criminal mastermind ?"

You are so clever. Gee I'm surprised no one thought of that before. A single question that could stop all criminals from entering the country. Because we know fugitives are all honest people.

Its notable that Thailand does not ask about criminal record when you apply for a visa or enter the country. Perhaps they should include the question "are you a fugitive or international criminal mastermind ?"

Why do that its these characters that bring in a lot of "investment" funds. They take an oath "don't do something stupid and get caught" in the end greed makes them stupid.

This should be the highest priority for immigration instead of making life as difficult as possible for those law abiding citizens who do not fall into certain brackets for a long term visa, use the resources to hunt,detain and return these criminals home to face criminal proceedings. Could be quite profitable as i suspect many will have rewards for ibformation leading to their arrest.

And of course all fugitives would tick the YES box and fill in the dates of all their crimes.

Great to see Thai justice working much better lately!

trust you are. Thai justice is working just fine. You could learn something from them. Only law breakers don't know how to even give a pure compliment. losers.

The woman to the right must have done something really bad. She didn't even get the souvenir T-shirt cheesy.gif

She has nice tits and a low cut top,,,, why give her a T-shirt smile.png

You really do need too see an optician... giggle.gif

Have you ever seen those Russians out on Jomtien Beach, you always know when on is going topless, the sun goes in. gigglem.gif

You are so clever. Gee I'm surprised no one thought of that before. A single question that could stop all criminals from entering the country. Because we know fugitives are all honest people.

Didn't stop USA immigration to ask everybody exactly these kind of questions on their immigration form 20 years ago.rolleyes.gif

Don't know about today because I'll never set foot there again.

So Germans, Russians and Taiwanese are termed men and women but the Chinese are "nationals".

Is this some new gender law in china?

No more sexes please, we're Chinese.

Maybe it's the new Chinese version of politically correctness.

TAT media campaigns definately work. Look at the fugutives flocking to visit Amazing Thailand. Three thumbs up!

Plus of course the lovely Thai bashers 'in-situ'

Well done TAT! Keep the bashers and the crooks together!

Good Job!! Now let's see if you can do the same with 3-4K more

And make a thailand a nicer, safer place to live.

As 5 out of 6 are wearing those very distinctive tee shirts it should be easy to round up 83% of them... whistling.gif