Please Hep: Retirement Visa For Someone Who Is Here Already

I am 53 years old. I am here for a few months with tourist visa initially and did the visa run 4 times. Since the rule changed, I would like to obtain retirement visa. I know I need to have bank statement, medical certificate, and letter from the embassy. However, I have never done it, so I got a few questions.

1. How long does it take to obtain letter from the US embassy?

2. Do I need to criminal record check? Since I am in Bangkok already, how and where can I get it? How long does it take?

3. Do I need the bank mentioning that my money was wired from outside the country?

4. Do I need to go to immigration department in Bangkok? anywhere else in the country?

Please help.

1. How long does it take to obtain letter from the US embassy?

One hour

2. Do I need to criminal record check? Since I am in Bangkok already, how and where can I get it? How long does it take?

You do not need this inside Thailand

Do I need the bank mentioning that my money was wired from outside the country

You do not need to show money with the letter from the Embassy

4. Do I need to go to immigration department in Bangkok? anywhere else in the country?

Bangkok works.

Our company helps make the process smoother. Our professional fee is 6,500 Baht plus Vat if you decided to use us.

www.sunbeltasiagroup.com

3. Do I need the bank mentioning that my money was wired from outside the country?
I wouldn't DREAM of stepping on Sunbelt's toes, but just to make sure: Is your income sufficient to cover the B800,000 annual requirement, or is your income less than B800,000 and you need to show money in a Thai bank to make up the shortfall?

If the latter, i.e. that you need to show a Thai bank balance to bring your funds up to B800,000 annually, then YES, you need to show that the funds were wired from outside the country.

What do you mean "what bank will do it"? The overseas bank sends a SWIFT transfer to the Thailand bank and it is obvious that the funds came from overseas. Most banks here have a transfer code that will show this and if not they can copy the transfer papers for you.

Misread your question. Sorry. Believe immigration much prefers the SWIFT transfer from outside Thailand but expect the bank could give you a letter to indicate the funds were from travelers checks from outside Thailand. Sunbelt should be able to answer for sure.

The O-A does not apply, he is in Thailand and wants to convert a tourist visa, I think, it may actually be a 30 day visa exempt, which cannot be converted under previous rules.

O-A is given outside Thailand and allows for a 1 year stamp on entry. Requires a police check from home country, which is not required to extend a regular type O visa.

Also, I believe that if you use Travelers Checks to make a deposit, they will mark the transaction as a foreign transfer.

TH

Edited by thaihome

help,

I went to the US embassy and got my PENSION self-statement signed by an embassy officer in about 20 minutes. That statement was the only one from an embassy, that I needed for a retirement visa, based on my pension. But if you're meeting the requirement with 800,000 baht in traveller's checks, I don't think you need a pension statement from the embassy.

But I don't know your situation, so maybe I'm wrong.

lopburi, is a credit slip from the bank showing the remittance enough, or must one obtain a formal letter on this point from the bank?

There is a requirement for a letter issued by the bank confirming the total amount in your account (even with the passbook showing this). Letters are a normal function of banks and the branch should be able to type and manager sign if full service. Cost is 100 or 200 baht.