Thailand needs to develop labour skills though it has the world's lowest unemployment rate

webfact

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In the areas around the industrial complexes people register available for work

More of an indication they are prepared to change occupations IMHO, not an indication that they are unemployed.

Its a figure. That is what is used. If companies want labour they advertise and contact the local labor office. If u are happy swinging under a tree all day, nowhere in the world counts u as unemployed.

The informal agriculture business is what skews the Thai numbers to this low low level. People go home and live with family. Not seeking work, not unemployed.

Edited by Thai at Heart

do you get benefits as a thai if unemployed? if not, what is the use of register ?

go to your favorite restaurant ... see many new faces on a regular basis ?

well, that is probably the case that thais need money for something and once they got the amount, time to relax ....

you could be dead tomorrow, so why save for tomorrow ? spend it all now ....

do you get benefits as a thai if unemployed? if not, what is the use of register ?

go to your favorite restaurant ... see many new faces on a regular basis ?

well, that is probably the case that thais need money for something and once they got the amount, time to relax ....

you could be dead tomorrow, so why save for tomorrow ? spend it all now ....

If you have been fired you get compensated. Yes.

Try saving for tomorrow on 300 a day, let alone 15k per month.....

... the world's lowest unemployment rate... this must be a joke. How many lottery sellers in each city and village because no real job? And: If there is no registration of unemployed people, they can easily guess that nobody is unemployed. 200 years back compared with Western countries.

The unemployment rate is low because they employ 6 people to stand around doing the job that normally takes 1 in the west. Just go into any department store and see for yourself.

I'm not some genius but the problem in Thailand is pretty obvious to me. Most people only have a 6th grade education. If I had any say I would make school mandatory to 12th grade like in the west. Education is the key. Yes Thailand is poor and if the kids were in school longer they would not be able to help in the rice fields etc. I didn't say it would be an easy or inexpensive transition.

Edited by lapd