Piggy doctor

Nienke

So, my Oink got sick. Yesterday morning still ate, afternoon meal ate half (my staff told me later) and refused to eat his evening meal.
Today same, did not want to eat AND did not want to drink.
Since yesterday morning did not poop. Yesterday evening vomited a little.
Seems to me he has belly pain and walking hurts. He preferred to lie down.
Squirted with syringe water and coconut oil in his mouth.

So, this morning I called the passoosath vet, who seems to live in the next village. He said would come in the early afternoon. At three called again. He said he would come just after 5pm. Called again, and now it's 'in an hour' and 'Chai yin yin'.

Thank God Oink indicated he wanted to eat something about an hour ago, so I gave a bit of piggy dryfood with lots of water, and he ate and drank all. Half an hour later he ate and drank again. Still no poop, though.

So, for the pig-experts two questions:

1. Any advise what I can do next? (I don't want to give him just any laxative, cause I do not know what is okay for pigs and what not)

2. Any recommendations for a piggy-veterinarian, preferable in the Doi Saket area, who is a 'tad' faster when you ask for his help (especially when dealing with a non-drinking animal)?

Edited by Nienke

A very spicy Red Curry Panang is entirely effective in vacating my bowels do their abyssal depths, within a few hours.

How about offering piglet a serving? Made without Hmoo as cannibalism is not recommended.

A very spicy Red Curry Panang is entirely effective in vacating my bowels do their abyssal depths, within a few hours.

How about offering piglet a serving? Made without Hmoo as cannibalism is not recommended.

Yep at least it shows what your arse is made for! Take note All you Nana fanatics.

Well, thank goodness, Oink is on the meant again. Doc did come in the end. Couldn't tell what may have caused Oink's tummy pain, though.

I think it may have been too many krathong. That fruit is in season at the moment.

It was nice to see and hear my staff cheering when they saw the otherwise always-hungry-and-happy Pig running towards them for food again. Obviously they were quite worried as well. :)

Still, suggestions and contact details of more life-stock vets in the Doi Saket area are very welcome.

Thank you for the suggestions. :)

I passed the Dairy Goat Cafe ( https://www.facebook.com/DairyGoatCafe?fref=ts ) next to Locanda delicious Italian food ( https://www.facebook.com/pages/Locanda-Doi-Saket/482222021818980?fref=ts ) in Doi Saket, hoping they could help.

Turns out the Dairy Goat Cafe, which nowadays is unfortunately only open on Saturdays, and their Dairy Goat Farm are run by 2 vets, husband and wife. So, I got their number. Yippie.

And Oink? He is his usual always hungry self again. Love him to bits. :)