visa run from Mukdahan

thai garry

It is easy, but can be confusing. Thai immigration opens at 0600. Bridge opens at 0700, Laos immigration mostly opens at 0800 but................ Loas Visa is $35 USD or 1500 Baht. USD is cheaper.

Visa application must be turned in to the consulate before 1130, You are issued a number. This number is not the order you will get your passport back. Get in line first and the number is to match you with your passport. Pick up starts after 1400.

They say there is a hotel 15 minute walk from the consulate. Not sure about the food situation. I stayed at the R(H)oongthip Hotel about 10 minutes away by tukttuk. Not a bad breakfast. 600 or 800 baht for rooms. Not bad for Laos. Nice restauraunt just accross the street.

"Visa application must be turned in to the consulate before 1130, You are issued a number. This number is not the order you will get your passport back. Get in line first and the number is to match you with your passport. Pick up starts after 1400."

Gonsalviz post makes it sounds like it is same day when in fact it is next day.

Hi Gary, Welcome to Mukdahan. For good Aussie or Thai steak go to Mukdahan Manor which has The Waterfront - Song Fung Khong Restaurant owned by me, Don, I am an Aussie. Always ice cold beer available and Cocktails also. The best stocked Bar in Mukdahan. It's situated on the Mekong River about 2.5 kl south of the Indo China Markets. Soi Anurakbumroong 1 off Samlanchai-Khong Tai Rd. 042 632577.