Triumph Tiger XCx

Bung

Picked mine up last Monday. Done 1000ks already. Amazing bike, and very capable. Great power and torque even though revs have been limited during break in. Definately one of the best bikes for thailand. Handles superb with the WP suspension, i didnt need to adjust anything and it just eats any rough stuff and is very stable in the corners. Any fear that the 21 inch front wheel would limit the handling are gone, ive been right out to the edge of the rear tyre already.

Standout features?

Cruise control. Just great to be able to relax your throttle hand.

Power and torque, it just wants to go and very linear, turbine like.

WP suspension, fully adjustable. Take note BMW!

User throttle maps (throttle is ride by wire) rain, sport, off road, user selectable setting, traction control and abs.

Looks great!

Cons?

The switch gear is a bit outdated and hard to select cruise control and keep a steady speed while doing it.

The throttle is a bit light, no cables (probably get used it)

I had a BMW f800gs on order before this was announced. They screwed me around so i am very happy triumph released these here at the price and i took my deposit there. Its a much better bike than the bmw.

I think it is great value for what you get. Forget your 500x and versys, you would be mad to go out and buy one of them now.

On my shopping list if the don't go for the KX450F, different bike of course. As for the 800Gs, i was involved in the first test ride for an auto review in Thailand, and I wasn't that impressed. Happy to jump straight back on the Versys afterwards.

Do plenty of trail runs on my so this could be the one. Thanks for the info.

Just hope It can reach 30,000+km through the rough and smooth with a triumph without an issue as I've done on my versys. Taken it places some say it isn't meant dor!

Edited by BBJ

A friend has an older 1050 tiger with 50,000 trouble free klms.... I can only hope this will be the same. They are a proven platform, the ride by wire and associated electronics is already proven on the 1200 explorer and the 800 xc itself has been around for years.

Congrats on your new ride! Mope you'll get plenty of smileage out of it :)

Small nitpick: I don't think it's fair to compare the CB500X or Versys against this bike. It's a 3x and 2x price difference. Something more comparable would be probably the upcoming Africa Twin. But otherwise interestingly there really isn't much competition in that price bracket in Thailand.

Fair point eisfeld, it didnt come across as i meant that if someone was in the market for a 500x or versys they would be better off paying the extra for one of these but realise that might not be an option for some.

I guess only the f800gs is the only similar option but i do have one mate waiting to see if the africa twin will be made here and priced right.

Just did another easy ride in the hills to familiarise myself with switching between maps and settings, pretty straight forward to do but i could see some people getting frustrated if they are averse to doing that sort of thing.

Another con could be the side stand, it can roll forward off it easily. I turned the bars to lock the steering on a flat surface and it rolled forward off it and would have fallen had i not caught it quickly.

Thinking of that a big pro is the accessory sump guard, engine bars and hand guards (although these are just plastic and not "proper" hand guards). Nice to have them all included. Centre stand is very handy also. F800gs gives none of these as well as having lowered suspension and low seat for the asian market which most average sized farangs would not want. It is a big expense to add all of that and fit better suspension, over 100k i reckon and wouldnt be surprised if the start to add them free as well.

The tigers seat is adjustable to two positions and has a low seat option.

Cant keep off it, only the heat right now makes it uncomfortable around town. Was a pleasant 26-27 in the hils though, might take my toothbrush and pyjamas and stay up there next time!

Fair point eisfeld, it didnt come across as i meant that if someone was in the market for a 500x or versys they would be better off paying the extra for one of these but realise that might not be an option for some.

I guess only the f800gs is the only similar option but i do have one mate waiting to see if the africa twin will be made here and priced right.

I have a Versys from this year and I am very happy with it, considered the price, its a very good buy and no regrets, best do it all 650cc on the Thai market.

I have a family here so a XCr is not an option for me and I don't go off-road anyway and no dealers near me in Pattaya, the nearest one for me would be BKK.

Congt on your Triumph, it looks very nice and got all the electronics one could wish for for.

Do you still have your Truxton?

On my shopping list if the don't go for the KX450F, different bike of course. As for the 800Gs, i was involved in the first test ride for an auto review in Thailand, and I wasn't that impressed. Happy to jump straight back on the Versys afterwards.

Just hope It can reach 30,000+km through the rough and smooth with a triumph without an issue as I've done on my versys. Taken it places some say it isn't meant dor!

are the kx 450f import only ,can't seem to see any kaka off road bikes on there website.

Hey Bung. Congrats on the bike! If I was ready to trade from my versys the xc would be one of my choices too. Not had much off rd experience myself but BBJ has been coaxing me into it quite a bit over the last year. Love the idea of a triumph but could equally be into a bonneville. Enjoy it and keep us posted. Any ideas of current wait times at triumph?

I still have my thruxton but this just opens up some great opportunities for exploring a bit and not worrying about where the road leads. There's many levels of off roading but it was great today blasting along pretty badly broken bitumen roads in the hills of which there are plenty. Its also fine if it gets to dirt road as well, i dont think i will be taking it into jungle trails as such but it can take you places where you would have turned around long ago on a road bike, especially something like a thruxton! (and i have taken that down some interesting roads!)

I do have some 50/50 tyres i could put on it but right now i am enjoying the sweet handling on the highways and doing some road miles. Ive spent many years looking at some of the roads here and dreaming of having a bike like this.

are the kx 450f import only ,can't seem to see any kaka off road bikes on there website.
They do sell the KX450f here. It is a dirt bike. I have seen them at dealers here. They don't sell the KLX450r, only the KLX250s. Many, including me are waiting for a larger displacement (affordable) of road bike to be sold in Thailand. Now you can only buy the KTM 690 enduro for a crazy price. Edited by Nickymaster

Have my name on one already and I've got until the end of the week to decide. 375K, 1 in stock at a BKK dealer. US import, just cant decide on keeping the Versys and buying a KX or opting for the XCX. If only the Africa Twin would hurry up!

XCX is a mere 575,000 b if this price list is right....

http://www.britbike.co.th/Triumph_Motorcycle_Thailand,_Britbike/Price_List_ENGLISH.html

Bet all the CB500X owners that paid 215,000 b must be kicking themselves........

That doesn't make sense. If they wanted to spend nearly 3x the money, they wouldn't have gone for the CB500X in the first place.

They do sell the KX450f here. It is a dirt bike. I have seen them at dealers here. They don't sell the KLX450r, only the KLX250s. Many, including me are waiting for a larger displacement (affordable) of road bike to be sold in Thailand. Now you can only buy the KTM 690 enduro for a crazy price.

You can always shoot along to Red Baron and pick up a new KLR650 (well new, but not I believe the updated 2015 model) for 399,000 cash. Crazy price.

Have my name on one already and I've got until the end of the week to decide. 375K, 1 in stock at a BKK dealer. US import, just cant decide on keeping the Versys and buying a KX or opting for the XCX. If only the Africa Twin would hurry up!

way more than id wanna pay,surely you need another road bike if going for the kx450f its hardly a replacement for the versys,not tempted with the crf250r then at 275,000.

nice bike by the way bung ,the seat looks quite high in some pictures what is it compared to versys height.

Seat height is 840-860 or 820-840 with the accessory low seat. Im 186cm 32in inseam and i am ok with the highest position. The riders and pillions seat are seperate. No idea what the versys is, never sat on one.

XCX is a mere 575,000 b if this price list is right....

http://www.britbike.co.th/Triumph_Motorcycle_Thailand,_Britbike/Price_List_ENGLISH.html

Bet all the CB500X owners that paid 215,000 b must be kicking themselves........

Yeah, its a great price at 575k! last years model was 830k. Great days in thailand now with a wide chouce of bikes at normal prices finally and more to come. Was only 4 years ago i rushed out and bought an er6n as it was the only legal big bike available. For a lot of us its not about how much a bike costs but what bike is available. I've wanted an adventure bike for many years and its great that you can finally buy one with a book for the same prices as other countries.

Seat height is 840-860 or 820-840 with the accessory low seat. Im 186cm 32in inseam and i am ok with the highest position. The riders and pillions seat are seperate. No idea what the versys is, never sat on one.

The seat height on theV2015 is 841mm which is fine with me but many Thais will struggle reaching the ground on flat feet. It was funny to watch the Kawa mechanic riding the bike after the 1000km oil change/check, he could not reach the ground at all but had to angle it over and slide his ass over to one side, he-he.

575K baht is way over my budget for a bike but if I could, I would likely get a Hyperstrada for 550K baht, boy what a fun bike to ride man, the 110hp engine is sweet man.

This is not an off-road bike off-course but different people, different needs.

I rode a hyperstrada but the clutch was a nightmare. Many complain about it but fixed on the monster 821 apparently. I really wanted a ducati-love em- but i couldn't bring myself to sell my thruxton so i got two triumphs now....

The seat height on theV2015 is 841mm which is fine with me but many Thais will struggle reaching the ground on flat feet. It was funny to watch the Kawa mechanic riding the bike after the 1000km oil change/check, he could not reach the ground at all but had to angle it over and slide his ass over to one side, he-he.

575K baht is way over my budget for a bike but if I could, I would likely get a Hyperstrada for 550K baht, boy what a fun bike to ride man, the 110hp engine is sweet man.

This is not an off-road bike off-course but different people, different needs.

BTW, i had a moto guzzi lm mk2 in australia for 5 years before leaving. Spent a fortune on it as my mate had a ducati 900ss i wanted to be able to keep up with him and i did! 1000cc kit, better carbs, suspension. I made it look like a mk1 but we called it the "mock"1. Its why i bought the thruxton, the closest bike to the leman in terms of looks and feel. When i first sat on it i felt right at home. Just wish the thruxton was a v twin!

BTW, i had a moto guzzi lm mk2 in australia for 5 years before leaving. Spent a fortune on it as my mate had a ducati 900ss i wanted to be able to keep up with him and i did! 1000cc kit, better carbs, suspension. I made it look like a mk1 but we called it the "mock"1. Its why i bought the thruxton, the closest bike to the leman in terms of looks and feel. When i first sat on it i felt right at home. Just wish the thruxton was a v twin!

Small world man, I had mrk1 fairing on mine too, lovely little thing that faring.

The moto guzzi was one hell of a cool bike, loved it but the gearbox was tricky and if you over reved it, that was that, valves bent, he-he.