Nakhon Sawan’s drought woes continue

Lite Beer

Nakhon Sawan’s drought woes continue

PNEVN580705001000301_05072015_115149.jpg

NAKHON SAWAN, 5 July 2015 (NNT) – Residents along Khon canal in Chum Saeng district have been seriously affected by drought after the canal dried up for more than three months. They said drought this year was worst in many years.

The local people and farmers in the district have faced a shortage of water for consumption and agriculture. Rice farmers have no water for their paddy fields and have to stop harvesting the crop.

Khon canal, a branch of the Yom river in Phichit province, dried up faster than the previous years, forcing the rice farmers to stop harvesting in-season rice. Some of them hired workers to dig groundwater wells for water supply.

nntlogo.jpg
-- NNT 2015-07-05 footer_n.gif

So does 13 other provinces according to the front page of the Bang Post.

And that list is far from complete as neither Nakon Pahnom nor Sakon Nakhon have had any substantial rains. Sure there are more provinces, but these two I know of personally that are suffering and not on the BP list.

And that list is far from complete as neither Nakon Pahnom nor Sakon Nakhon have had any substantial rains. Sure there are more provinces, but these two I know of personally that are suffering and not on the BP list.

Khampaeng Phet province is the same out in the rural areas.

All I need is the government to supply me with the money to run a pipeline from my house to the Ping River. It is only a measly 50 km long plus they need to pay for the pumping stations along the way and the Army can guard it to stop all those rich farmers from tapping the pipeline and stealing the water. It's not too much to ask, is it?

All I need is the government to supply me with the money to run a pipeline from my house to the Ping River. It is only a measly 50 km long plus they need to pay for the pumping stations along the way and the Army can guard it to stop all those rich farmers from tapping the pipeline and stealing the water. It's not too much to ask, is it?

Have plenty of water here in K.P.P town. But have had problems with Internet not had it full time since last Thursday all due it seems to the Electric peeps that have just put in poles, only problem they buggered all the other wires that were connected to them got it back today after TOT rerun over 1,000mt of new Fiber Optic cable. Now getting 27.9mb good enough only got to explain to them that I will want 6 days discount now.

Bill you can pick up some water from me but as usual it'll cost. Look on the bright side at least you didn't have to pay for your coffee of the buggered chocolate biscuits.

H/M.

Fred.

Have plenty of water here in K.P.P town. But have had problems with Internet not had it full time since last Thursday all due it seems to the Electric peeps that have just put in poles, only problem they buggered all the other wires that were connected to them got it back today after TOT rerun over 1,000mt of new Fiber Optic cable. Now getting 27.9mb good enough only got to explain to them that I will want 6 days discount now.

Bill you can pick up some water from me but as usual it'll cost. Look on the bright side at least you didn't have to pay for your coffee of the buggered chocolate biscuits.

H/M.

Fred.

Fred Can you get Mrs H/M to send me some water? The usual Thai way in small plastic bags tied up with a rubber band. I will send you a cheque for the postage. At 1 litre per bag about 25,000 bags will do. I will not accept split or leaking bags or part filled ones either. That should keep her busy for a while.

The coffee and chocolate biscuits were fine last time thank you very much. Next time I call I will bring my electric jigsaw and the petrol powered chainsaw just in case.

Have had a word with Mrs H/M and she assures me they will be on their way, that is once you have told her the price you are willing to pay. She will require a 90% deposit up front as normal.

May I suggest that you pick them up otherwise sorry to say that leakage, the 25th on a small M/C might be the cause of that, not forgetting that she will need some sort of beverage on route several missing. Regardless as you don't have fresh water where you are anything will be a bonus.

N/B haven't brought any new Chocy biscuits bugger Big C only bitten once.

H/M.

Fred.

Have had a word with Mrs H/M and she assures me they will be on their way, that is once you have told her the price you are willing to pay. She will require a 90% deposit up front as normal.

May I suggest that you pick them up otherwise sorry to say that leakage, the 25th on a small M/C might be the cause of that, not forgetting that she will need some sort of beverage on route several missing. Regardless as you don't have fresh water where you are anything will be a bonus.

H/M.

Fred.

I will pay the standard price here for water which is 2 baht per 1,000 litres. I will however throw in 1 baht per km (one way only) as a petrol allowance. I have spoken to SWIMBO and she has said that after Mrs H/M has eaten my wife's Som Tam that will give her enough energy to run all the way home carrying the motorbike.

H/M.

Fred.

I will pay the standard price here for water which is 2 baht per 1,000 litres. I will however throw in 1 baht per km (one way only) as a petrol allowance. I have spoken to SWIMBO and she has said that after Mrs H/M has eaten my wife's Som Tam that will give her enough energy to run all the way home carrying the motorbike.

Now let me get this right you will only pay the standard price of 2bt for 1,000lt as that's what you pay there.

Please correct me If I'm wrong but you don't have any there regardless of how much it cost or you pay.

Therefore it's a sellers market so you will pay OUR 'going K.P.P Rate' or Standard Price if you prefer of 10bt a pint + fuel. Take it or leave it.

2bt a 1.000lt indeed dream on..............slight delay as I just got side tracked by the noise of fresh water Gushing into our tanks. If only A.

Sorry but the offer of even free Som Tam wont enter into the equation. It's pay up or go without.

N/B the river Ping today has bundles of water running through. I thought that they were going to cut down on the outflow from the dam seems I wrong.

H/M.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred.

Now let me get this right you will only pay the standard price of 2bt for 1,000lt as that's what you pay there.

Please correct me If I'm wrong but you don't have any there regardless of how much it cost or you pay.

Therefore it's a sellers market so you will pay OUR 'going K.P.P Rate' or Standard Price if you prefer of 10bt a pint + fuel. Take it or leave it.

2bt a 1.000lt indeed dream on..............slight delay as I just got side tracked by the noise of fresh water Gushing into our tanks. If only A.

Sorry but the offer of even free Som Tam wont enter into the equation. It's pay up or go without.

N/B the river Ping today has bundles of water running through. I thought that they were going to cut down on the outflow from the dam seems I wrong.

H/M.

Fred.

Actually whilst you are not wrong you are not toally correct either. The local fire truck comes around every 2 or 3 weeks and we get free water though it is not too clean. It isn't tooo bad after going through the filter system.

I can always collect it as I used to back in 2010.

post-5614-0-00444900-1436427220_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-98071600-1436427233_thumb.jp

post-5614-0-33940900-1436427270_thumb.jp

H/M.

Fred.

H/M.

Fred.

Actually whilst you are not wrong you are not toally correct either. The local fire truck comes around every 2 or 3 weeks and we get free water though it is not too clean. It isn't tooo bad after going through the filter system.

I can always collect it as I used to back in 2010.

attachicon.gifP3143741_resize.JPG

attachicon.gifP3143744_resize.JPG

attachicon.gifP3143751_resize.JPG

Nice snaps maybe you can start a business delivering same.

In the mean time I'll just plod along turning the tap on, that works for me.

H/M.

Fred.

Archived