how to settle in thailand

Hi it is really helpful and nice forum so useful I like it thanks all.

since long time I m in uae but now want leave uae for ever plz some one can help me how to get strat in thailand to some business and live there plz tell what is the best way ..

I heard about elite card too is it worth full to spend 500k thai bath for it . And can I get used card too if yes from where thanks

Edited by Hussain

And can I get used card too if yes from where thanks \

the 500 k card isn't transferable

Best way to do business in Thailand same as many other places, Identify your market, form your company/ do your due diligence (if existing company), put your money in (typically more than 500k) and operate the business

• Like 2

Thanks can u suggest what will b best business in thailand

not being rude, but if your asking questions like this, one suspects you would be better not trying to start a business in Thailand

I could be facetious and suggest buying a bar is a no fail business model in Thailand, but I am not going to do that... rolleyes.gif

Yes same bar business I can't do too here I have experience in transportation ,computers, and some in vehicles repairing workshop and some construction and maintenance those all businesses I had it here b4

Do not think about the Thailand Elite card.

This is not a product adapted to your situation.

The Thailand Elite program is aimed at those who want to enjoy Thailand but do not work.

If you want to work, then you better go for the traditional visa options.

If you work with a Thailand Elite PE visa, you end up in trouble for sure.

Edited by gerry1011

Establishing and running a business in Thailand, as a foreigner, is not straightforward if you want to do it legally. It is impossible to lay out all the considerations in a simple forum post, but

• you need to register the business, and it usually (on paper at least) needs to be majority Thai owned; the registration is complex enough that you should use a lawyer to do it for you;
  • to get a work permit for yourself, the business probably (on paper at least) needs to have a minimum of four Thai employees;
  • when getting a work permit, be aware that certain occupations are not open to foreigners;
  • there is a fair amount of statutory paperwork that a company needs to submit on an ongoing basis; and
  • most important: be confident that you can successfully run the business once established. As everywhere else, there will be established competitors, and you need a credible business plan.

One alternative to look at might be an import export business where (rather than having a business established in Thailand) you have an overseas business and visit Thailand on a regular basis to buy and sell on the overseas company's behalf. I believe three year business visas are available for this kind of activity. This would need to be real, and again a business plan is appropriate.

• Like 1

The best business is the one that is compliant with laws, easy to run, profitable, popular with your customers and does not attract attention of parasitic police mafias demanding protection money, or jealous employees or competitors that will look for a way to sue you. Preferably it will also be in an industry that will be hard to replace with technology and with large barriers to entry. Also with the thai political climate flip flopping every couple of years, it should not require large capital investments.

Otherwise, just open a coffee shop and hope for the best.

• Like 1

The best business is the one that is compliant with laws, easy to run, profitable, popular with your customers and does not attract attention of parasitic police mafias demanding protection money, or jealous employees or competitors that will look for a way to sue you. Preferably it will also be in an industry that will be hard to replace with technology and with large barriers to entry. Also with the thai political climate flip flopping every couple of years, it should not require large capital investments.

Otherwise, just open a coffee shop and hope for the best.

Lol.....

• Like 1