Back to back 30 day visas

Having had multiple double entry tourist visas over the past few years, my time here in Thailand is now coming to an end for the moment. I'm looking at another 2 months here and I was wondering if I would just be able to do 2 back to back border runs instead of going through the whole tourist visa process. The reason I ask is that I'd heard they'd clamped down in the past on multiple visa on arrivals and I was wondering if it is still in effect.

These are called visa exempt not visa on arrival.

You can extend that for 30 days at immigration, cost is Bt 1,900 and that gives you the 60 days in country you need. Note that a tourist visa is still cheaper at about Bt 1,000.

So being from the UK I will get 30 days which I can extend for 30 more days?

Will I need to provide an outgoing airline ticket?

Will it be a problem that I have a lot of tourist visas?

Also, what is required as proof of ongoing journey? Is it just a print off of the confirmation email?

I understand that the tourist visa is only 1k but it's the cost and hassle of getting to another country to get it considering I'm in Phuket.

Edited by jonaz

Yes you will get a 30 day entry that can be extended for 30 days.

No need for a ticket out of the country.

The do not count tourist visas or any other visa against being able to get a visa exempt entry.

I've just done the same. Had loads of tourist visas last 5 years with a mix of visa exempt entries and an ED visa for 15 months. My last entry was on Visa Exempt 30 days at Poipet border on a out in visa run the same day which was no problems. I then exended it in BKK for another 30 days and they never asked for proof of a flight out of the country. All I needed was extention application form, photo, copy passport page, copy of stamp in, copy of tm 6 card.

I think the only time you might have a problem is if you do back to back 30 day visa exempt entries at a border crossing but if you are doing a visa exempt entry after tourist visa entries you should be fine.